Daft Punk Thomas Helmet Pepakura problem

MTBrands

Hi guys,

now I know there is a ton of people making these helmets, but I couldn't really find a solution to my problem. This maybe a general pepakura problem with a simple solution right in front of my face.

So I started with this project a long while ago and I saw it lying on my shelf so I thought I'd get back to it. The problem is this, the shape of the pepakura is all crooked. IMG_6233.JPGIMG_6235.JPGIMG_6236.JPG
What would be the best way to fix this and straighten it up, also to reinforce it when putting resin on it?

Thanks all ready!

What type of paper are you using? You should use something with a heavier weight than regular paper, such as card stock. That is, if you aren't already.

My best guess is that this is heavy printing paper, I suppose there is heavier paper out there. It indeed was right in front of my face but didn't realize it :)

Thank you very much!

If you remember the scale you printed it out with, go back into pepakura and use the measuring tool to measure points in the helmet. Use craft sticks at said length the straighten your pep back out. Glue them in and leave them there while you resin it. Should work for you.

Last edited:
i'd say chuck it and start again using card.

my first pep turned out like this, i pressed on and wasted loads of time and fibreglass.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back