daft punk:thomas bangalter project

phlipsjens

first off all:
the raw cast helmet was made by volpin.
and the gloves where made by me.

after a loooooooong waiting time it finally arrived ;-)

isn't it perfect!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i noticed it had a little dent in the right cheeck so i had to fill it up and trim the visor and sides with my dremel

first layer primer.

visor tinted with dye (be sure to use PET-G plastic for dyeing)

that's it for the helmet,now the gloves.

because i don't own a vacuum form machine and won't be able to make one so i used multiple layers of cardboard and filled them with bondo.

aah ,first layer of primer always makes me happy :)

testing the pieces.

because it's getting cold here in belgium and i had to work outside my lovely girlfriend decided to rebuild here basement to my workroom,how nice :)

sooooo,how do you want your helmet sir? red or white?

that's al for now,next thing is wetsanding and then chroming ;-)

Looks great! How did you deal with the flexible bill on the Volpin helmet? I've been hesitant to finish mine because the visor gap closes when you set the helmet down for long periods and gapes wide open when you rest it on a helmet stand. The gap goes from 2" to 4.5". Did you just glue all around the visor to hold it all together?

Looks great! How did you deal with the flexible bill on the Volpin helmet? I've been hesitant to finish mine because the visor gap closes when you set the helmet down for long periods and gapes wide open when you rest it on a helmet stand. The gap goes from 2" to 4.5". Did you just glue all around the visor to hold it all together?

ive got that problem to,

once ive got the ears put in place with epoxy it stoped"transforming" ;-)

Badass! I love watching Daft Punk builds come together. I just a box in the mail that looked very similar to that...
2011-10-16_13-48-34_586.jpg

not a big daft punk fan, (tron sound track killer though) not really listen stuff, anyway, either of the helmets are bad ass looking, great looking build so far, got your leather jacket ready?

That's awesome!!! I really want to do a Daft Punk build one day. I must say I am VERY jealous, keep up the great work, it's looking fantastic. Can't wait to see the final product.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back