Daft Punk Technologic Robot

PepMaster

Sr Member
I found my newest project this one won't be pep at all but it's sure to be a pain in my neck. As for the head I already figure I'm going to use a doll head and do a lot of heavy modding, as for the mouth if I can find small enough dentures that's what I'll use for that area, the fun part for this is going to be the wires, metal parts and animatronics which I figure with some servos I can make the eyes, eyebrows, mouth, head and arms to move. Unless I can get lucky enough to find most of the metal parts I may have to get some pieces milled in aluminum or done in shapeways in metal. If you guys are curious as to what I'm doing or have'nt seen it yet here are some 360p Screenshots I was able to retrieve.

That gives me the creeps every time I see it!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with though.

I really like all their music videos except for this one just because it's so weird and creepy. The song is fine, it's just that music video....

Would'nt surprise me at all if this is the real "Chucky" animatronic robot, without the skin. The one thing I'm trying to figure out before I really get stared on this is that I need to find a active Animatronics forum to ask them some questions. Do you guys have any suggestions for Animatronics or Robotic Forums I should talk to?

Woah that is one freaky, creepy robot right there!

An ambitious project to say the least, all the best with it!

Would'nt surprise me at all if this is the real "Chucky" animatronic robot, without the skin. The one thing I'm trying to figure out before I really get stared on this is that I need to find a active Animatronics forum to ask them some questions. Do you guys have any suggestions for Animatronics or Robotic Forums I should talk to?

Im pretty sure it is the chucky robot.
Im not big on robotics, but i recently used a Wowwee talking elvis bust in a project of mine, and his face is pretty similar, comes with little teeth and is full of awesome programming for the eyebrows and stuff.

I think if your confident enough to try, you could take out all the mechanisms and put them into a newer head sculpt...

Give this a look, hope it helps

WowWee's Elvis Alive with out his skin. - YouTube

Thanks for the info, I just wonder if that would be too big? The teeth kinda don't look right so I would still have to change them out, I wish I could find some kind of video footage of the robotics inside Chucky just so I could see if the animatronics are the same or if they modified any of it for the DP video.

Close, but the Robot was designed by Tony Gardner and his team at Alterian, Inc. interestingly enough he would later provide the animatronic effects for "Seed of Chucky".

Well I figure they probably used the same group for the animatronics for each movie. Anyways back to work on this at least the video gave me a bit more reference material and research to do.

You can ask Tony or Alterian on their facebooks:
Tony Gardner | Facebook
Alterian | Facebook
and they said that this is the same robot they used in Seed of Chucky (2004) But Daft Punk didn't use this robot until 2006. Tony Gardner has worked with Daft Punk a lot- I think he even designed their helmets. This little guy might be kinda hard to build- he costs around 4 millon $ to make, but I don't care you should build him :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back