Limited Run Daft Punk Helmet Kits. All Versions Freshly Molded. LIMITED RUN

Sorenzo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello fellow RPFers

This is an old offer, but I've just launched a new helmet version, so i thought i'd just update and extend this thread instead of starting a new one.

All helmets available at the below listed price until the end of September 2017

I have been working on a series of Daft Punk commissions of late and as a result I have re-prepped and re-molded all of my helmet molds.

All the masters were buffed to a mirror finish and re-molded with Smooth-On Mold Max 40 and are pulling damn near perfect casts. I have pulled a couple of hundred casts from these 3 molds, I'm excited to be pulling from fresh molds again.

I am offering you fine lot some tasty discounts for a limited time only. I plan on pulling 15 -20 casts over the next few weeks at this reduced rate to help re-coop some of the costs incurred and to fund a new sculpt which I am currently working on (more on that later)

I currently have 5 'versions' of these iconic helmets available. Here are some images of helmets I have personally finished and how they might look once you have finished them :)

Thomas Bangalter
-
This is the newer Tron Legacy / Random Access Memories. The main difference with this lid is the ear pucks, I have one master for the helmet but 2 different versions of the ear pucks. The geometry of the helmet has changed slightly from the first but I felt having 3 helmet sculpts was more than enough at the time.

Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo- This is the newer Tron Legacy / Random Access Memories.

Thomas Bangalter - This is the same sculpt but with different ear pucks, they a have flat section and clear cut lines so to insert LED disks.

Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo- This is the newer Human After All / Electroma version. My personal favourite. This sculpt also includes built in holes in the chin section to install fans, much like those in the RAM version. It can get quite warm in these things, and I've had ambitions to install a full LED rig in one, so it made sense to have fans as a built in feature. Of course, you can always cut them away if you wish o keep them screen accurate.

FULL GALLERY OF FINISHED HELMETS CAN BEEN SEEN HERE.

Here is my latest kit casting:

1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 3.jpg

Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo- This sculpt is based of the master as the helmet in the image above, but has the added advantage of having a built in LED lighting array mounting system built into the body of the helmet so that the ORIGINAL Discovery Era helmet can be re-created. .

There are 9 segments on each side to hold the 16x Rainbow boards and 2x Chin Equaliser boards. The centre section can be partly or completely removed for visibility, or if you intend to install the the 14 x 38 LED matrix you can remove the clearly defined sections to allow for viability whilst leaving a secure platform for the array.
The visor section is slightly recessed so the a rubber trim can be inserted which in turn will hold the visor in place, as it was in the Original Helmet. I am currently finishing a helmet and intend to use a combination of rubber and magnets to hold the visor in place. This kit also feature 2x vents int he chin so that fans can be installed, but if you're going for screen accuracy you can dremel that section out.

As I said, I am currently finishing one of these helmets complete with LEDs. I have been designing and 3D printing mounting units for the internals, to hold the control boards and such. Once I have these finalised I'll be making the available, along with the vectors for the rubber visor inserts and coloured segments for the rainbow array.

All my casting are made with Smooth-Cast Onynx, so they are heat resistant to help with any chroming processing. They are slush cast by me personally, all by hand. Each helmet uses between 1.2Kg - 1.5Kg depending on the version. Each kit comes with a visor secific to the helmet, they are either vacuum forms or laser cut from 2mm Pet-G. They are transparent, un-tinted. I have a gallery of images here. Please note, these images have not been updated in a few years, they aren't the best quality and some are cast with a white resin. I plan on updating these pictures once I get a few pulls.

Also available are the RAM era hand plates, I have 'Large' versions and now a 'Small' version which was made for a female client.
The HIPS can be vacuum metalised with no prep, they just need trimmed and mounted.

Now for the business part.
I will be selling each helmet kit for £125 GPB + shipping costs. It will be an extra £25 to had a hand plate kit to an order.

The Newer Discovery Era Guy-Manuel will be £175 GBP + Shipping

Anybody wanting 2 kits can have free shipping on the 2nd kit, as an added bonus.

Shipping Costs

UK - £20
EU - £30
USA - £40
Rest of the World - Ask for a quote

To make it easy for you all, those stateside should be paying approx $200 USD for a delivered kit and anyone who deals in EUROs will be looking at around 170 EUR

I may continue the run if I exceed this number, but I may need to adjust the price, depending on my schedule/workload.

If you are interested just leave a comment and I'll start a list. My aim is to be putting these out pretty fast as I don't have room to store them, so I'll be doing shipping runs twice, maybe 3 times a week. Payment secures your order, Payments through PayPal.

Any questions feel free to ask.

List

Jeff (FB) - Pair -
Paid + SHIPPED
bearings - Pair (RAM) + Hands - Paid + SHIPPED
James (FB) - GM + Hands - Paid + SHIPPED
yoopees - Pair + Hands -- Paid + SHIPPED
Racoon - Pair (HAA) - Paid + SHIPPED
Hutch1 - Pair (HAA) - Paid + SHIPPED

Last edited:
what size head do these fit?

22in?

or big head 24in?

I have a 24" head and they fit perfectly, with room for electronics. There are some pics of the kits here, I'm sure there is a picture of a 6" tall guy wearing one, to show you scale.

- - - Updated - - -

If I wasn't broke I'd get one. Beautiful work.

That's a shame dude, could always treat yourself to an early Christmas present :D

DANG!!

I have a tiny head! (usually the 22in bucket I have to get)

These are great casts though!

And I have always wanted to do some electronics/kits for them!

(thanks for the response)

DANG!!

I have a tiny head! (usually the 22in bucket I have to get)

These are great casts though!

And I have always wanted to do some electronics/kits for them!

(thanks for the response)

So am to put you on the list? Noes not really sure if that was a good DANG or a bad one, Lol.

They are very universal when it comes to size, I've had clients who were well under 6' tall wear them,It's all about positioning i've found, if it's not positioned right on your head you look like a bobble head no matter what height you are :D

If still possible, I would love to jump on this for both the Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter (Human After All/Electroma version) helmets and 2 sets of the hand plate kits as well :)

Last edited:
My apologies gentlemen. Last week disappeared from under me with various setbacks including incorrect material delivery, visor buck fails and a birthday hangover :)
I will update the list over the next 48 hours once I have figured out whose is gone, whose is ready to go and whose needs to be pulled next.
Thanks for your patience.

- - - Updated - - -

If still possible, I would love to jump on this for both the Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter (Human After All/Electroma version) helmets and 2 sets of the hand plate kits as well :)

Yes indeed sir, send me a DM and we'll get the ball rolling. You will be at the back of the queue, so it will be a week or more before I am caught up.

Apologies once again, live always gets in the way

Anyway, All those who have PAID for there kits, you will be glad to know they have all been shipped. Some might even had them already.

Still willing to pull another handful of kits, so if you're interested let me know :D

Last edited:
I am interested in 2 helmets, but I can't decide on lighted or unlimited yet, and I want at least one set of gloves..... can I make a payment to reserve a spot until I decide (and until I can afford such a purchase?) If not, no worries, as long as you can promise that you will offer these again:)

I am interested in 2 helmets, but I can't decide on lighted or unlimited yet, and I want at least one set of gloves..... can I make a payment to reserve a spot until I decide (and until I can afford such a purchase?) If not, no worries, as long as you can promise that you will offer these again:)

Drop me a PM with some details and an idea of when you will be making the payments. I'll see if I can help you out.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back