Daft Punk Guy-Manuel - Speed Budget Build for halloween. (Photo Heavy)

SlicenDice

Admittedly there are quite a number of these on the boards lately, but of all the costume ideas I have this is marginally the easiest. Given, there isn't enough time to do this build the justice it deserves, I just want something passable for Halloween. So, lets begin.

Jacket:

Not totally accurate, but the gist is there.
image.jpg

Gloves:

In searching for a plastic to use for the shiny glove bits, I ran across this pipe, the thickness is right and the curve to it works nicely. I traced my hand and sketched out some templates, test fit them and then drew them out on the pipe. Next I'll cut out the pieces and shape them with a dremel, them give them a few shots of primer then gold.

image_6.jpg

image_8.jpg

image_9.jpg

image_10.jpg

Helmet:

Partly pepped, will finish tomorrow and hopefully will fiberglass Monday, with the rest of the week devoted to bondo and sanding, with the week leading up to Halloween devoted to painting and finishing. Impossibler things have been done.

image_5.jpg

image_4.jpg

I haven't quite cracked how I'm going to actually see out of this thing though. I can only assume I'm going to think up something very clever at some point. Perhaps I can integrate a bit of welding visor without destroying the nice sexy smoothness of the faceplate. We'll see.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back