Daffy from Duck Amuck - DONE

Bizarro Lois

Sr Member
I've been working on this off and on for a while. In case you don't remember the cartoon, here's a youtube video and a still of the character:
Duck Amuck - YouTube
duckamuck.gif

I started out with modeling clay, because I really wanted a resin piece, not hardened Sculpey. I know there must be a better way to go about it, but I swear that it made sense at the time. I sculpted the head and part of the body as two separate pieces. Because the back legs are kind of long and thin, I was afraid they wouldn't cast well, so I added them on later.
The initial sculpt:
DSC00550.jpg

I cast them in resin, then attached armatures for the missing parts, namely the neck and the back legs. I covered the armatures in MagicSculp to complete the missing parts.
For size reference:
photo.jpg

This is what I have now. The parts have been glued together, filled, and sanded. For the flagpole, I drilled a hole and inserted the ink tube from a pen, then topped it off with a bead. I just have to prime and paint him, then make the little "Screw Ball" flag for the pole.
daffy3.jpg

daffy4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Daffy from Duck Amuck - WiP

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....That is awesome! I really want to sculpt some looney tunes now!

You got his expression perfectly. This episode was just on a few mornings ago actually. Are his back feet on right? The animated one looks like they're facing the other way.

Thats just Awesome!! :D Are you going to do a full range of characters??
(y)thumbsup:thumbsup :)

Thats just Awesome!! :D Are you going to do a full range of characters??
(y)thumbsup:thumbsup :)

I hadn't really thought about a full range, although there are a few more I'd like to make. I did have a request for another Looney Tunes character from a specific episode, so that will be my next one.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ! I LOVE it !

Well done Amy :)

Excellent idea for more characters BTW :thumbsup

I've been painting him, and I'm really happy with how the face turned out. There's still more to do, but I took a quick picture of what I have so far.
daffy5.jpg

Such a cool sculpt, you did an awesome job. I really hope you do a whole range, I'd like to see them.

That looks really great. And what a fun Daffy to do. I think it is funny that the animators kept his back feet blue. They would look pretty good if they matched his beard. But looks excellent. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Just a quick update: All the actual painting is done. I'm using paper for the red bands around his front legs and the dots inside the green circles. I don't know if I'm going to try and draw the flag by hand or if I'll be able to print something out in scale. But he's almost done!
daffy7.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back