Da Vinci Code Props--UPDATES!!! NEW PROP!!!

Just finished my cryptex. It's more based off of the one from the book, so it's not as fancy as the movie one.

propsnew025.jpg

propsnew016.jpg

propsnew015.jpg

Alright, this threads been down too long, I figured I would bring it back now that the movie is out. Recently, I made Silas' discipline rope whip thing, I will take some pics and have them up in a little bit. I was bnored and needed a prop fix, so I bought some rope. If anyone cares to get one, I would be glad to make some more for a small cost.

discipline002.jpg

discipline007.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Kal-ElofKrypton @ May 1 2006, 03:45 AM) [snapback]1236211[/snapback]</div>
Great job spiderfan11. Do you or anyone else plan on making the one from the movie? It would be really sweet to have.
[/b]

There's another thread about the cryptex right here:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...pic=105856&st=0

The cryptex from the movie has been licensed to Noble Collection, so their producing two versions of it now. The movie sized version and a smaller size. They also have the key for sale in pure silver, and a little pricy.
You can check it out here:

http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/catalog.cfm?catid=52

Other props to consider:

-Langdon's book/dust cover: The Sacred Feminine, both english and french variants.

-Fache's Opus Dei pin.

I was thinking of the bank key from the Movie. I know its availible at noblecollection.com but I cant afford it for $200 dollars.

Spiderfan could you try that? with the bank laser bubbles and the enscription?

It's cilice.....and I was kinda thinking about modding a spiked dog collar for that one, and then adding some leather straps to make it wearable. For those of you who wanted a key but can't afford the noble collections price.....check it out. looky what I found for 50.00 on ebay.

Fleur De Lis Key Auction

<div class='quotetop'>(JD @ May 23 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1249270[/snapback]</div>
Other props to consider:

-Langdon's book/dust cover: The Sacred Feminine, both english and french variants.

[/b]

I've got a friend who owns a print on demand book company. If someone could do the cover and some reasonable interior pages (in PDF format) I could get these printed and bound for not too much. Or at the very least it would be a "blank" book if there's not enough to "fill" it out.

Richard

The Discipline whips must be for sale somewhere...how else do, well, people who use them get them?

I'm thinking a full scale rendering of Silas. (Dye a bath robe black, and attach hood)

--Ash

I know there must be some place to get the discipline, but I couldn't find it. If someone could find a link, that'd be great. The book is a good idea, if anyone could get a pdf made.

P.S.----WHO ELSE IS PUMPED ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ANGELS AND DEMONS MOVIE?

meeee.. I always thought that A&D would make a much better film than the DaVinci Code. The pacing and action just seemed better suited to film, edge of the seat stuff I thought.

And going by the fact that I loved the DaVinci film... hopefullly I'll like A&D even more (when it's made, lol)

Hey guys...so I went ahead and started gathering materials for The Discipline whip. I remember the spiral pattern from old hemp-choker necklaces, and the handle is just a braid with multiple strands.

The hardest part with The Discipline is finding the materials. This is a classic RPF story...total creativity, I must say.

So, I went to Michaels crafts, looking for a "thick twine" or a "thin rope"...got nothing. All they had were bead and hemp sets. Then I went to Lowes...more bad luck. They had plenty of rope, but it was all nylon or polyester, and I want that rope look and feel, and plus, a nylon rope won't hold the spiral/braid patterns.

Then, as I was proozing through Tom Thumb, I walked past something that caught my eye...a mop-head replacement. I decided to take my chances, and buy one, hoping that the strand is just one long piece of rope.

I hit the jackpot. One HUGE strand of the perfect color, perfect width, and perfect feel for The Discipline. Plus, there is a lot to work with. More than 2,900 feet worth of this stuff. It's woven cotton, so it's strong and will last forever.

The trouble is, a mop-head is essentiall this big piece of thick twine wrapped over and over and over across two plastic pieces, and all of it is bound by these green connectors, sewn into the piece. It was a huge pain in the neck getting the green connectors out and separating the rope from the plastic ends, but in the end, with a pair of scissors, a seam ripper, and a pair of locking pliers, I got the job done.

Afterward, I made myself a quick little spool and wrapped the rope around. Later tonight I'll get to work on the spiraled ends. I'll keep you guys posted. Check out the progress pics below.

--Ash

First...here is a picture of a real Discipline whip from the Opus Dei Awareness Network. Hopefully mine will be a dead on match when I'm finished. :)

Click thumbnails for a bigger picture.

Cool make sdure you post pics when done. I'm gonna get some more/different rope today so i can make a more accurate one, now that I made some tests.

I got another prop idea that won't cost more than 15 dollars or so...Langdon's mickey mouse watch, they have them all over on ebay.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back