D23 Indy and Short-round

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hot off the presses

FcU08uHakAIjDbe?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

How could you not genuinely love Ke? His enthusiasm really comes across as sincere and it feels infectious just to watch him.
Oh, I one-hundred percent love Ke. I was thrilled to see him in Everything, Everywhere, All At Once this year, he did a phenomenal job and I hope this is a real return to acting for him. He’s effortlessly likable in a way that can only be genuine.

Oh, I one-hundred percent love Ke. I was thrilled to see him in Everything, Everywhere, All At Once this year, he did a phenomenal job and I hope this is a real return to acting for him. He’s effortlessly likable in a way that can only be genuine.
Ke is supposed to be getting a role, not sure how large and for how many episodes, in Loki S2.

The cynic in me knows that Harrison is an actor. I know his teary speech about Peter Mayhew at Galaxy’s Edge could have been acting, that this picture of him and Ke could be just a singular moment, a brief turning up of the lips into a smile for a camera before reverting back to Old Codger™ mode. But I’d like to believe, especially the older he gets and more of the people he’s worked with—and possibly even close to—pass on, that he’s taking stock of his life. Of relationships he’s had with cast and crew and family, of the legacy he’ll leave behind with his filmography. And I hope that softens his heart, even just a little. Because, even for all the curmudgeonly comments towards Star Wars and the apparent dislike for his fame, I still love the guy. I think a lot of people really do, too.

I get the impression he doesn't linger on things like most people would. I think the sentiments he expresses appear to be genuine, but we as fans gravitate to those moments because we love him as an actor, but he's just living his life. Part of what makes him cool is his seeming indifference towards his work. He seems proud of it, but not all that emotionally attached to the accolades. He loves acting, but despises fame.

That professional detachment is the kind of thing you'd see from an actor during the golden age of Hollywood where you didn't know much about their personal lives. You didn't know their personal politics. We need more celebrities like him where all you really know about them is their work. This way they disappear into the story and become, in my estimation, far more iconic.

I get the impression he doesn't linger on things like most people would. I think the sentiments he expresses appear to be genuine, but we as fans gravitate to those moments because we love him as an actor, but he's just living his life. Part of what makes him cool is his seeming indifference towards his work. He seems proud of it, but not all that emotionally attached to the accolades. He loves acting, but despises fame.

That professional detachment is the kind of thing you'd see from an actor during the golden age of Hollywood where you didn't know much about their personal lives. You didn't know their personal politics. We need more celebrities like him where all you really know about them is their work. This way they disappear into the story and become, in my estimation, far more iconic.

I get what you are saying.

Years ago, I used to hang out with Harrison Ford, pretty regularly. We often flew planes together, rode horses around the wild open areas of the Great State of Wyoming, and generally just hung out. Often he spoke of his love of the craft of acting and loathing of fame. He actually has a great sense of humor too. Why, the jokes he would tell…

Wait…

Wait a minute…

OK, I just double checked myself and none of what I just said above actually happened. It turns out that I’ve actually never even met the man.

Never-mind. Moving on.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back