D/FW Texas Prop Party Feb. 11th 1:00pm

wuher da brewer

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The next Dallas/Fort Worth area prop party will be February 11th starting at 1:00pm in Dallas. Please post whether you can make it or not. Thank you.

Originally posted by wuher da brewer@Jan 5 2006, 03:14 PM
Just thought I'd see if anyone was interested in another Dallas/Fort Worth area prop party.  It's been almost a year since the last one.
[snapback]1151515[/snapback]​

count me in.......... :)

i live in southlake

Do you have to bring a prop in order to attend? I'm too new to the prop scene to have any completed projects yet (and I've only purchased 2 MR FX sabers so far), but I would love to see what everyone else has done and exchange ideas... perhaps get a little help with some of the projects I'm working on.

I'm in Arlington.

i wish someone would have one out near me, mid east...

i live in knoxville TN and all the prop parties talked of here are WAY up north, or way out west.

Originally posted by shortimer52@Jan 5 2006, 05:13 PM
I think Houston is a great play to have one,,, so I don't have to drive across the state :love
[snapback]1151579[/snapback]​

"The sun has riz, the sun has set, and here I iz in Texas yet"

Let's face it, no matter where this thing is held, someone is going to be doing some driving. We picked a big state to live in. However, my vote is for the D/FW area... assuming that a noob with no props get's a vote :lol

I am working on a couple of things. Depending on how long this takes to pull together I might have something to show (a couple of repainted Nerf guns and a "Craft Store" Jedi Training Remote {similar to, but not exactly like, a Hardware Store Lightsaber})

Oh my god. I remember the LAST one. A better time could not be had. Evan, you KNOW I'm in.

That'd be great. Not that I would have anything to bring just yet. But I would love to meet some of youse guys and see what others have done.

Just so everyone knows, props are not required to attend, though food and drink would be appreciated. :D

Well, the interest is there. :D

I'd be happy to host it if other options aren't available. When should we consider having it? I believe there are some conventions coming up if it would be easier to host one around that time.

I'm with the guys that don't actually have any props finished but would love to do some brain-picking on a couple of projects I am about to start. I'd be interested in coming out too.

Originally posted by James Kenobi 1138@Jan 6 2006, 12:19 AM
Hey eaviii, don't you have a sweet prop room with video games and such?  That would rock for a prop party (nudge...nudge).
[snapback]1151668[/snapback]​

Probably able to host a gathering in late February- Must ask wife . . . wife have control . . . but I think that would be cool-

Doc

Originally posted by eaviii@Jan 5 2006, 07:08 PM
Probably able to host a gathering in late February- Must ask wife . . . wife have control . . . but I think that would be cool-

Doc
[snapback]1151720[/snapback]​

That would certainly be cool.

I thought I'd mention the two Cons coming soon if scheduling around those would work. The Fan Day events at the Scifi Expo usually aren't worth sticking around the whole day for.

Scifi Expo Fan Day w/Anthony Daniels February 11 http://www.scifiexpo.com/
All-Con March 17-19 http://www.all-con.org/

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back