D/FW Texas Prop Party Feb. 11th 1:00pm

Well, how can I let another day go by without posting? We had a FANTASIC time, I only wish we got in earlier...well, no. Then I would have been DRUNK. But I digress.
Yes, Estil is truly a god amongst insects. In all the years I've gone to cons, shows and prop parties, Estil's collection is certainly at the top of the list, and trust me, I don't throw around compliments lightly. I've held a few prop parties in my day and all I can do is bow my head in the face of a museum quality collection like his. There is something wrong with that guy. He has too DAMN much money. If my collection reaches a quarter of what his is, I would die a cappy hamper. Plus, this dood had beer. Now, I ain't talkin' no Bud Light. He had the high dollar stuff, Corona, Guiness and some high dollar bottles of wine that I couldn't even pronounce. The snaks he had there...no, he didn't have no Lil Smokies. He had gourmet pizza, fried calamarie, and some kick ass Italian sausage. That man has got some serious class and I'm a better person for knowing him. Granted, he may never have me back in his place ( man, that thing with the cat, it was all the beer.) but if he ever has me back, I would be eternaly greatful. This guy spent some serious cash to have this party at his beautiful home. He had a FULL arcade and let everyone play as many games as they wanted...you didn't have to put no quarters in or nuthin'. But wait. That ain't all. The gifts he gave away: T-shirts, DVD's, and I even walked away with the Constantine gun replica. :lol What can I say, but truly from my heart, thank you, Estil.
As far as you other freeloading losers...you guys were awesome. I had the chance to meet some old friends (yes, Cliff, you are OLD) and some newbies that had a passion for the hobby as much as the rest of us. ( speaking of newbies, you'd better make some progress with that piece of crap Boba Fett helmet I gave you. (Man, I thought I'd NEVER unload that.)
All in all, we had a fantastic time, Now, I could post some pics, but there are the same ones that have already been posted, but let me sort through these and let me see what I have. Now there's that one without my pants on...

Here are some pics of the many props at the party. Admittedly most belonged to our host. It was great fun. I eagerly await the next one.

This 1st pic is of member Vader1974's collection.
vader74.JPG

This pic is of M-pire's awesome blaster collection.
blastermpire.jpg

The next few pics are a small part of Estil's collection.
utinni.jpg

starfighter.jpg

shelf1.jpg

sgarmor.jpg

lifesize.jpg

This final pic is of some of my stuff that was too long and/or too heavy to put on the table.
mylongitems.jpg

Looks and sounds like you had a blast.
Hat off to the host, sorry I couldn't be there with you.
Brilliant stuff displayed all around :)
Doc, that Gort of yours makes me green with envy every time I see it, not to mention the rest of your mind-boggling collection :lol.
It's been a while since I saw your stuff Cliff - thanks again for helping me out with my DLT-19 'back when'.
Allen, didn't know you got married. Congratualtions mate. Did you ever replace that Vader ANH?
Cheers,
Pontus

Yup, happily married. :) Man, news of my recent marriage, announced my birthday was the next day (Sunday), and didn't get a single prop gift. DIdn't even pick up a free T-shirt. ;)

Seriously though, it was a blast, and I'm surprised there aren't more pics posted. I was so dazzled by the collection that I forgot to finish a business transaction with someone at the party. Oh well ... :)

Thanks all,

ATM
ShackMan

Congrats Allen. :) I'm really happy for you both. :love

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Feb 13 2006, 02:40 AM
Now there's that one without my pants on...
[snapback]1183065[/snapback]​

Wow, everyone must have a really tough stomach...

Thanks Cap'n. :)

Ah, more pictures. And two of my girls (the twins) were captured in them ... watching the HUGE TV and playing video games in the arcade. :)

ATM

Originally posted by ShackMan@Feb 13 2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks Cap'n. :)

Ah, more pictures.  And two of my girls (the twins) were captured in them ... watching the HUGE TV and playing video games in the arcade.  :)

ATM
[snapback]1183820[/snapback]​

Wow, they're getting so big. Growin' up fast, Dad. Please tell them Julianne Moore said hi. ;)

Wow- cool pics all around (though many are blocked by my firewall at work )-
You guys are too gracious- Again, it was a pleasure and I had a blast as I hope all did- Again, I hope a few projects surface as a result

Originally posted by SFPROPS@Feb 14 2006, 03:04 AM
Someone tell me more about that Twiki on display..PLEASE....
[snapback]1183766[/snapback]​
Twiki is a foam cast of some sort. I got him from the same guy as the WOTW alien and the smaller (true to film) saucerman- I was told he was commisioned as a unique piece. The material is the same polyfoam as the shriekers as well (different source). Twiki came with a Dr. Theopolis but he was done simply with rope light coiled in a clock with bike reflectors for eyes and mouth- Twiki developed a severe back problem from him due to his weight so I am waiting for a lighter weight DrT-

Doc

Originally posted by oldken@Jan 5 2006, 06:04 PM
i wish someone would have one out near me, mid east...

i live in knoxville TN and all the prop parties talked of here are WAY up north, or way out west.
[snapback]1151572[/snapback]​

Cmon up to Michinga in April--(I know--Michigan in april??)

We are having one then.

Clay

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back