D.C.'s Titans (tv series)

I know I'm really late to the party on this show, but I just finished the first season. Holy smokes, that finale was incredible!!!! That had some of the best Batman stuff I've ever seen!! Although it all ended up being a hallucination, that is the Batman movie I want to see!!
I really got into it after a few episodes. The actor that plays Bruce is perfect for the role but I won’t spoil it. I can’t wait for season 3 to start streaming!

While Titans left me cold, I am very much wanting to watch the follow-on, Doom Patrol.

I just started up on Doom Patrol. Wow, this show is really good so far! Seems without the woken overlord of the CW controlling it, DC is capable of doing some really 'knock-it-out-of-the-park' stuff. I plan on finishing up on DP hopefully just about the time season 3 of Titans hits next month.

Doom Patrol was consistently great. Titans not so much IMO. It's all in the agenda they're pushing and I absolutely refuse to watch anything on CW anymore because of it.

Doom Patrol was consistently great. Titans not so much IMO. It's all in the agenda they're pushing and I absolutely refuse to watch anything on CW anymore because of it.
Neither of those are CW. Doom Patrol is great, it's like Legends on acid ;)

Both, btw, are also berlanti shows. Makes me think it is someone as the CW putting that stuff in. Superman seems clear of it - so far, but it's a matter of how long that'll last.

Neither of those are CW. Doom Patrol is great, it's like Legends on acid ;)

Both, btw, are also berlanti shows. Makes me think it is someone as the CW putting that stuff in. Superman seems clear of it - so far, but it's a matter of how long that'll last.

I never said it was on CW, I said I don't watch CW shows because of the agenda. There are plenty of places outside of the CW that Berlanti shows have that agenda too. I ended up walking away from Blindspot too for that reason, which is a shame because the first couple of seasons were really good. Everything on CW is trash though, although I grant I'm nowhere close to their target demographic.

I've still got three episodes of S1 of Doom Patrol to go, so I'm not really asking for spoilers, but I do have a question; this show jumps all over time periods spanning about a century. Is it ever explained why none of the characters ever age?

On another note, I've got to say this is one of the greatest shows I've ever seen in my life. This is Breaking Bad good!! I would honestly put DP over Loki, Wandavision, and Falcon and Winter Soldier. MHO

Not to the nth degree, but I seem to recall them doing backstory on all them to the point you're like 'ok, that's why' . Been a while since i saw them, but I also think that continues into S2.

Wow! So, followed this show from the beginning. I just watched season 3 Episode 3 and I just have to stop.

Season 2's ending with Donna's frivilous death *almost* made me quit, but now, with all their talk of family --"we're in this together"-- and then each team mate allows themselves to be split off from the group by a known lying, manipulative villain who never keeps his word, was just too absurd.

Crap for writing.

I could be napping. I could be making props.

Even if it were to "get better", the vacuous stupidity displayed by the heroes in this episode was totally unredeemable. I was left rooting for the heroes to die. Its like watching people wax themselves into their own, separate corners so that you could feel the tension as they try to walk out only to fall.

Benny Hill music needed to be added to the soundtrack

This season had potential with Red Hood but axing my favorite character has kind of left me uninterested

This season had potential with Red Hood but axing my favorite character has kind of left me uninterested

One that's actually gone, or one that's just puttered of to god knows where for now?

I feel like a lot of us when into the show thinking it was a set up to follow all of the "teen titans" we're used to, and for that reason, having a number of them putter off to do other things, and the story still focusing heavily on all the "adult" titans is throwing the vibe off some. But I think I've recalibrated well by just really stating to myself "no, this is the TITANS. the old titans were titans, the new titans are titans, these are all titans. it's a DC TV show with some characters I know, and a few that seem new, just enjoy"

The original Woflman/Perez run of the comic is pretty much what this series was originally based on. That was in the 80s. It was one of the first comics that was actually pretty gritty--had cuss words, sexual innuendos, hard violence.....Still fairly tame by today's standards, but back then it was monumental.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back