D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

If you've read Flash: Rebirth and Flashpoint you can kind of see the places where this could go.

In Rebirth you find out that Zoom kills Barry's mother because he can't kill Barry because it would negate him, etc and through the lines of the comic he saves her and kills Zoom. He then creates the Flashpoint universe and then has to go back and stop himself and let Zoom kill his mother to set things straight. It's giving the writers a lot of credit for so much foresight but what Cisco is referring to could be Barry going back to stop himself and letting Zoom kill his mother. That's a serious oversimplification of it but you get the gist.

The Flash used to be able to move so fast that he'd appear in costume and out of at the same time. A way of protecting his identity in plain sight. It's a possibility that Wells was simply doing that and pulling a Fight Club punching and beating himself to make it look great. He didn't kill Eddie because he is an ancestor and the whole "Harrison Wells" alias is just a play on the H.G. Wells name and a cover for Eobard Thawne himself.

At least that's what I'm telling myself until the show proves me wrong.

BTW: I want that ring. I'm hoping someone gets it to Shapeway sooner than later.

If you've read Flash: Rebirth and Flashpoint you can kind of see the places where this could go.

In Rebirth you find out that Zoom kills Barry's mother because he can't kill Barry because it would negate him, etc and through the lines of the comic he saves her and kills Zoom. He then creates the Flashpoint universe and then has to go back and stop himself and let Zoom kill his mother to set things straight. It's giving the writers a lot of credit for so much foresight but what Cisco is referring to could be Barry going back to stop himself and letting Zoom kill his mother. That's a serious oversimplification of it but you get the gist.

The Flash used to be able to move so fast that he'd appear in costume and out of at the same time. A way of protecting his identity in plain sight. It's a possibility that Wells was simply doing that and pulling a Fight Club punching and beating himself to make it look great. He didn't kill Eddie because he is an ancestor and the whole "Harrison Wells" alias is just a play on the H.G. Wells name and a cover for Eobard Thawne himself.

At least that's what I'm telling myself until the show proves me wrong.

BTW: I want that ring. I'm hoping someone gets it to Shapeway sooner than later.

Downside of Flashpoint is that it gave us the New 52 continuity, which is inferior to the previous one in every way. Way to go, Barry. Way to go.

I'm not convinced it was Wells beating himself up though. A moment before RF and him were both standing still and separated by a force field. Means Wells was continuously going back and forth between vibrating in the force field and speaking to Eddie in front of it ? I dont buy it. Awesome episode though, got chills looking at Barry and RF running side to side through the city.

I don't buy Wells being Zoom. The builds are all wrong, Wells is too skinny whereas Eddie has about the right build. I'm hoping its a misdirect or more complicated than it looks because why else would they have Thawne in the show?

It's possible that Eddie from the future is the Reverse Flash but it'd be a newer spin on the character since originally he was from the 25th century or something like that. It's probable that Eddie from the future came back and contacted Wells, giving him the future information and Wells was just accessing the suit to stick the prototype on it but that voice at the end is hard to ignore.

I still think there are TWO Reverse-Flashs. The 1st is Wells (from the far future 2026), Not really evil, actually trying to help Barry be a Better Flash for some unknown reason. The 2nd is Eddie - but Eddie, for the near future 5 - 10 year out, he is evil, wants to hurt Barry because of him steal Iris from him.

*also this is a work in progress theory.

Don't know why it never occured to me, but Doctor Wells really fits the profile of Hunter Zolomon. He was the third Reverse-Flash, he was from the future and he was paralyzed from the waist down (I know Wells isn't really paralyzed, but the similarity does exist). Zolomon also just wants to make the Flash a better hero (albeit in a sick, villainous way)

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

I'm officially stumped.

Wells is clearly the Reverse Flash, or at least one of them: he has the ring, the voice, the costume, knowledge of the future and access to its information, etc. We see Reverse Flash steal the tachyon tech at STAR Labs, then we see Wells affix it to the Reverse Flash suit later in his secret room. The only problem with this whole theory, though, is that Wells and the Reverse Flash were onscreen at the same time. (Hence the "stumped.")

Look at the scene in which the Reverse Flash gets caught. For a guy that "is always one step ahead," does anyone else find it convenient that he fell for that trap?
"You are in a room where the tech you want lies on the other side of this platform-contraption. Do you (A) run straight across the room to retrieve the tech you want, crossing this suspicious looking contraption in the process, or (B) run around the platform to retrieve the tech, taking only a millisecond longer because of your inherent speed?"
I think that was staged by Wells.

Now, I know that in the comics (and as suggested a few posts up) the Flash has been able to move so fast as to appear both in and out of costume, to protect his identity. However, I don't think that is what's going on here. Considering we first see Wells watch the Reverse Flash, via security camera, get caught in the force field, I just don't think he could move so fast as to appear in the force field on the screen and in the viewing room. I'm ruling that out.

Unfortunately my other theories are both sort of far-fetched. One is along the lines of what others have already suggested with there being 2 Reverse Flashes, but again, we know Wells is one and why would both Reverse Flashes be after the tachyon tech? The other is that Wells is somehow mentally controlling the suit, perhaps via a futuristic android or something, but that seems even less likely not to mention kind of boring.

In conclusion: I'm still stumped :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the scene in which the Reverse Flash gets caught. For a guy that "is always one step ahead," does anyone else find it convenient that he fell for that trap?
"You are in a room where the tech you want lies on the other side of this platform-contraption. Do you (A) run straight across the room to retrieve the tech you want, crossing this suspicious looking contraption in the process, or (B) run around the platform to retrieve the tech, taking only a millisecond longer because of your inherent speed?"

There was also the conversation afterwards in which Cisco told Wells he couldn't imagine why the field/device would have overloaded and Wells had a somewhat knowing look before moving on. I'm sure he rigged the trap to allow Reverse Flash's escape. He probably thought his victim role in the showdown might come in useful eventually as well. Reverse Flash hasn't shown an aversion to killing before, and unless he was really pulling his punches there's no reason why Wells should have survived that beating.

It's hard to get around the voice modulation thing at the end. Reverse Flash must simply be from the future - the stolen device is probably part of what should eventually make that time travel possible.

I still think there are TWO Reverse-Flashs. The 1st is Wells (from the far future 2026), Not really evil, actually trying to help Barry be a Better Flash for some unknown reason. The 2nd is Eddie - but Eddie, for the near future 5 - 10 year out, he is evil, wants to hurt Barry because of him steal Iris from him.

This is almost exactly what I was thinking. The tachyon thing has me stumped though.

I'm officially stumped.
The only problem with this whole theory, though, is that Wells and the Reverse Flash were onscreen at the same time. (Hence the "stumped.")

If the Reverse Flash is from the future... it's simply the future Wells that traveled back in time... although I'm not sure why the future Wells would beat the crap out of his younger self. But there's been nothing to indicate the two can exist at the same time.

Although the future Wells would have known everything about the device that was built to capture him because his younger self knows. So he shouldn't have been caught in the first place, unless he was just putting on a show and knew he'd be caught but also knew how to escape it.

I still like the idea that the treadmill Flash has been tested on a few times will be turned into the Cosmic Treadmill allowing for time travel.

you realize far future and 10 years in the future are allmost the same year? xD you say 2026 as far future, and then 5-10 years near future, yet 10 years would be end of 2024 xD
just wanted to point that out

yea, this is a show I really wanted to work, but really didn't expect to live up. but its been one of my favorite shows on lately. and the speed force fx look perfect!

So the first episode after the break will see the return of Captain Cold.

How many episodes will feature Leonard Snart before his sister gets pulled in? Think they will save it for season 2?

NM, just answered my own question looking at the full cast.
- Episode #1.16 (2015) ... Lisa Snart / Golden Glider

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back