Limited Run Cz-3 star wars droid head

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I didnt do as much as i hoped today, didn't feel too great, i have the lower grey ares painted, i used tamiya's white flexible masking tape, this stuff is great, saved me a load of time, i'm hand brushing the grey areas as per original, nostrels and mouths done too, onto the eyes tomorrow. Then the fun part = weathering :D

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just working away applying the weathering, its taking longer than i hoped, im actually trying to work on 10 heads in total just now and sort my car that broke down yesterday and post out a pile of stuff and do 12hr shifts, so just having a nice relaxing time....NOT :lol

Ok did some more tonight, all ears are done all neck rings are done and 2 heads are half done.

Last edited:

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i'm calling these done, the bright light is washing out a bit of the weathering, i would try some daylight pics but its dark when i go to work and dark when i come home #FML

i'm happy with them and i'm really fussy, they look better in person trust me, i can start shipping out on Wednesday which is my first day off. plus it will give the paint time to dry properly.
thanks for your patience guys.
qGGjoUG.jpg

83M0iRL.jpg

eethan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's really looking awesome, congrats :thumbsup I'm sad I didn't have the money to take one

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think 5 is now my limit on painting and finishing the same item at once. Its pretty hard going.

I now have another 5 to do (different droids), i will put my feet up one of these days haha

HB1098S

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Received mine Chris, beautiful work. A real prize of my collection, thank you!

3DImpact

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After being gone for extended holiday travel through January I finally finished painting and weathering mine:

7D2_9720_small.jpg
7D2_9722_small.jpg
7D2_9734_small.jpg
7D2_9741_small.jpg
7D2_9744_small.jpg
7D2_9750_small.jpg

I weathered mine a bit more heavily than the ANH on-screen appearance but a bit less than the RoTJ appearance. I'd like to guess this might be a bit like it's appearance in person from the ANH days (it seems from all the screen-used props I've seen that the in-person weathering always seems a bit heavier that is apparent on screen). I also chose to add the oil drip down the back akin to 3PO's Tatooine weathering (I know the actual prop wasn't weathered this way but it was a fun test). But it was fun either way - great kit!

Dan