Limited Run Cz-3 star wars droid head

3DImpact

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Re: CZ-3 STAR WARS DROID HEAD kit or finished display piece

Oh wow - looks great! Count me in for one unpainted kit. PM inbound...

Dan

ECOLI

I’ll save you the trouble —-in for a kit unpainted. Can’t wait for the others too. Pm sent

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Okay, i will only sell the last one as a unpainted kit. no more paint jobs.

i have started work on the 5 painted ones, progress has been good.

-z

p.s. when i was priming the heads i think there may be a bit of mold release on parts of the heads, i do wash the heads prior to sending out but another scrub would always help, or a quick once over with a scotch pad. this will help laying down an even coat. use heat and very thin coats to start with.

Last edited:

ataru72ita

Okay, i will only sell the last one as a unpainted kit. no more paint jobs.

i have started work on the 5 painted ones, progress has been good.

-z

p.s. when i was priming the heads i think there may be a bit of mold release on parts of the heads, i do wash the heads prior to sending out but another scrub would always help, or a quick once over with a scotch pad. this will help laying down an even coat. use heat and very thin coats to start with.
Can't wait for mine to be ready, just let me know when You'll need the fund transfer, please!

Regards,

Alberto

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Will do buddy, I've just finished work for a few days, I'll try and get back to work on these, keep an eye on this thread, I will try and show updates when I have them.

Cheers

Chris

ataru72ita

Hey Zorg I'm interested in both 21B and C3-PO finished, so count me in as well as soon as You started the Thread! Would You please??

Regards,

Alberto

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I said they would be available......i didnt say they would be finished :p

Both take more time to finish than i have right now.

Sorry

Last edited:

Wilson13

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Any paint color advice for the color impaired painters or any other advice. Thank you

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes for the cz head please
I use just a standard aerosol white automotive gloss for the main colour, for the grey areas around the eyes and cheeks I use humbrol tinlet no. 5 I believe this was used to do the grey areas on stormtrooper helmets, I'm just going to assume they used the same colour since it was "around" it looks a pretty close match

I use humbrol enamel blacks and rust colours for the weathering

Hope this helps

ataru72ita

I said they would be available......i didnt say they would be finished :p

Both take more time to finish than i have right now.

Sorry
Ok even if not finished I would be interested anyway! I wouldn't miss this opportunity ever!

Just let me know!

Regards,

Alberto

Wilson13

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes very helpful

thank you

I use just a standard aerosol white automotive gloss for the main colour, for the grey areas around the eyes and cheeks I use humbrol tinlet no. 5 I believe this was used to do the grey areas on stormtrooper helmets, I'm just going to assume they used the same colour since it was "around" it looks a pretty close match

I use humbrol enamel blacks and rust colours for the weathering

Hope this helps

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ill be getting back to work on these on Monday, im on 12hr shift work just now.

the white outer paint layer was was pretty soft when i tried to do the next stage,so i have had these sitting in my summer house getting a bit of heat* the last few days, they should be fine for monday

*Scotland heat differs from normal heat by not actually being warm, its science.

Last edited: