Cylon Raider

Antsnest

Sr Member
Another long put-off project - this is the first Revell re-pop of the Monogram Cylon raider (before all the 'extras' were included) which has been at the bottom of the pile since the mid 90's but I finally managed to get it done. The big stumbling block was wanting to remove and rescribe all the raised panel lines - something I've never attempted before, but once I'd actually started it really wasn't that hard.

I also designed and 3D-printed some accurising details of my own and some bits to aid with the custom lighting that was also going in.

XRDuSAs.jpg

Top hull after rescribing

Za6NJEE.jpg

3D-printed engine fins, underbelly lights, detail things and hollow guns

7fhcWnx.jpg

Engine light holders and fins in place

ZHqnq8A.jpg

Fibre optics and LEDs for front lights and guns

DoPmrQy.jpg

Controller board connected to engine lights and underbelly lights

gFpOzLu.jpg

Custom 3D-printed base with vinyl logo

oak8SM8.jpg

nWcxGzL.jpg

iJWSBoh.jpg

RduAbIp.jpg

Pxw7Vkc.jpg

QyF3GWZ.jpg

Video of the lights in action

Now all you need to do is pick up a moebius one and wonder why you did all that work :D

It is a great looking model. I prefer a bit more weathering - but nothing wrong with what you've got there :)

Jedi Dade

Now all you need to do is pick up a moebius one and wonder why you did all that work :D

It is a great looking model. I prefer a bit more weathering - but nothing wrong with what you've got there :)

Jedi Dade
Cheers - I already have the Moebius - that's part of teh reason this one was thrown back on the pile a few years ago :cool:

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back