Cyclops visor for 3d printing and casting (I hope).

Hazmat

I've made this model with the intent on getting it printed and I'd like to make a mold to make some copies as well.I also hope to get an Led rigged up which is why the structure in the middle on the aperture is there.

visor.jpg

I'll be posting my progress as I go along, in the mean time I'm hoping that I can get some answers to some questions.

Once I've made my mold, what's the best material to use to make copies? What is the best material to do the actual transparent portion? I have some flimsy, red plasticy, film stuff that will do for now but I'm looking for something more professional.

Got it printed. It ended up a little wider than I had hoped, I might make some changes and print another but overall I'm pretty happy with this.

IMG_20140823_124402.jpg
IMG_20140823_124433.jpg

Thanks Kevin. I'm not entirely sure yet. There's a place that sells DIY electronic stuff near me, I think I'm just going to head over there and see what they recommend. I know that I don't like strip LEDs http://www.therpf.com/member.php?u=29426so I'll probably get a single bright LED in the centre of the visor. If it's bright enough and I look directly at the camera I should get a pretty bright flare, hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished.

IMG_20140830_115201-nopm-.jpg

Here's me with 'asymbolofhope' his suit fits him like a glove!
download_20140831_212831.jpeg

I'm going to work on a new visor. This one was very uncomfortable and my vision was severely compromised. The view from left to right was wide and I had lots of peripheral vision but up and down was a big problem. I'm also going to make the next one modular to make casting easier. I still have to figure out a better way to light it too. The LED was really bright on it's own but wasn't nearly as bright through the red plastic.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back