Cyclops. But which one?

Vox

Sr Member
Hey Marvel enthusiasts,

I've been told I'm a dead ringer for Scott Summers/Cyclops, at least his more slender iterations. Here's a quick pic of me with the X2 movie prop I own, for reference:

IMG_20150414_223251_250.jpg

I'd like to cosplay him, but I'm having trouble deciding on which of his many costumes to tackle. The top 3 I am considering, in no particular order:

-Marvel Now! (The red skin-tight suit with the red x visor)
-Astonishing X-men look (the navy blue suit with the yellow piping, silver visor)
-All New X-men (Mostly white with the light blue and black accents, yellow visor)

I always say anyone can cosplay any character, but given that I so closely resemble Slim, I'd like to really nail the look. If you can post a quick opinion about which you think would work best (from the ones I posted or a different look entirely), I will appreciate it.

I do really like the Ultimate Cyclops look, but I don't think I have the upper body to pull it off in the way I want.

With one vote each, looks like Astonishing or Marvel Now are the leading versions (both of which would be fun).

Do 90's cyclops with the bomber jacket
300054_press01-001.jpg

That way you don't have to worry about the upper body, at least that's what I did.

I made a Cycolps costume from the 90s, it was a bit more modern but still had the 90s spirit. I did use a X2 visor and got rid of the underwear and the leg straps.
1962827_10152239322466293_1981150361_n.jpg
I also made a earth 1610 cyclops for Planet Comicon this year but was unable to wear it because of group costume issues. I definitely like the 90s costume the best but I also like his Earth 1610, Astonishing X-Men, and Marvel Now costumes.

Earth 1610
Scott_Summers_(Earth-1610)_005.jpg

Astonishing
Cyclopsjc.jpg
and Marvel Now
Cable_and_X-Force_Vol_1_7_Textless.jpg

which ever one you do will look great, especially if you can make the visor light up.

Slim, I say go for the Marvel Now suit. It might be a challenge to make but it's a unique design that not a lot of people have done
View attachment 464956

I think I'm in agreement with you, Lord Magneto. Now I just need to figure out if I want to go the dye sub route and build off of that, or build completely from scratch. The former is probably more user-friendly, but I'd love to get some three-dimensionality for the side panels. Perhaps I can get the design of the sub dye suit such that it gives the illusion of three-dimensionality.

I'm wondering if you can make a face shell that can go under your dye sub. You could then potentially add some red LEDs to it.. Not sure about how you see out of it thought ;)

IMG_4945.JPG
a buddy of mine (with his permission to use his photos) got the classic cyclops and marvel now. rarely see the marvel now versions :)

I was told one day that I looked like Scott too. The X-Men Apocalypses Scott. And I do want to put something together, but I can't find sunglasses with red mirrored lens

I was told one day that I looked like Scott too. The X-Men Apocalypses Scott. And I do want to put something together, but I can't find sunglasses with red mirrored lens

Something you could try is purchasing some simple plain mirrored lens sunglasses, and then purchasing translucent red film. I believe Inventables sells it, or you could try a theatrical lighting company. You can try heating it so it forms perfectly to the lenses, and attaching it with a bit of spray adhesive.

That is genius. More than genius, brilliant. Maybe buy some mirrored aviators, (like the one Robert Patrick wore as the T-1000 disguised as a cop from T2), and try that. Do hobby shops sell red film?

That is genius. More than genius, brilliant. Maybe buy some mirrored aviators, (like the one Robert Patrick wore as the T-1000 disguised as a cop from T2), and try that. Do hobby shops sell red film?

They might, but I couldn't say for sure. You may have better luck looking into a lighting company like Rosco. They specialize in films (called gels) for theatrical light. The good thing is that you'll be getting some top quality stuff. The payoff is you will have to heat it up quite a bit and move very quickly to form it to the lens, because they are made to withstand high amounts of heat like what theatrical lighting puts off.

Only thing I will be concerned is if I have to buy special glue. Or if just ordinary super glue will work. But if I smear glue all over, might be hard to see a little.

Perhaps heat the film, and place it on the lens. Let it cover the whole thing. The heat might stick to the lenses good if the films are hot enough

fan of the classic 90's for sure.. (minus bomber jacket)

the Astonishing version is appealing as well.. but I always find myself thinking he looks like BlackBolt from Inhumans.

I vote fro Marvel Now version ....but only if you can get the 'visor' correct.. (not just some spandex of your face!) :) :p

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back