Cyberpunk 2077 - corporate tech rifle

phil83er

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since I'm a huge cyberpunk fan and after watching the gameplay for Cyberpunk 2077 I really wanted to build the corporate tech rifle that can be seen towards the end of the gameplay reveal.

I'd like to make several ones from the game, however I wanted to start with the corpo weapon since the mechanism and the way the barrel folds should be easy to realize.

And also I really like the sleek design :D

Today I've made a rough modell for the rifle.
Here are some screenshots :)

Cyberpunk2077_01.jpg Cyberpunk2077_02.jpg Cyberpunk2077_03.jpg Cyberpunk2077_04.jpg Cyberpunk2077_05.jpg Cyberpunk2077_06.jpg

The 3d modell is not print ready, and just helps me to outline the most important shapes.

I still have to find some more information, on how the gunbutt actually looks like.

The inspiration pics for the rifle are btw. these:

2018-11-21 23-24-28 (01203).jpg 2018-11-21 23-24-28 (01889).jpg 2018-11-21 23-24-28 (02812).jpg 2018-11-21 23-24-28 (02823).jpg maxresdefault.jpg

My goal is to make it movable build with different modes that allow to fold/unfold the barrels, and a trigger action that will move the sleds that are embedded in the top barrels.

I'll probably soon finish the 3d modell and prepare it for printing. :)

3d models looking good!

I am always stunned how you guys develop such detailed 3D models from poor source images. I'm looking forward to follow your progress.

Thanks! :)

Well, to be honest, a lot of it is still just speculation. I'm looking at the video again and again, because in the movement you can still see some more details, than just in the screenshots.
However, since the weapon is only visible for around 25 seconds, and most of the time in dark areas, I can only asume certain details.

The gunbutt, grip and trigger is basically just my own interpretation. And I'll still remodell that part. :)

I've printed the first parts now for the rifle, though I found out, that I probably have to scale it down a bit.
As it is now, it'd probably be too big.

IMG_20181130_235201.jpg

Btw. Here's a small video with the finished 3d model :)

Is that game still not out yet?!? I first heard about it like 5 years ago and have since gotten out of being a gamer. Oh well, at least we still have Half-Life 3 to look forward to..

Well, took some time, but I printed most parts for the main body of the rifle.
Here's the progress I've made so far:

IMG_20181209_135853.jpg IMG_20181215_144701.jpg

Today I painted yet another part, and I will assemble these parts tomorrow :)

Looking good so far but I do have a couple of suggestions.

1) I'd round out the pistol grip a bit more, if you look at the various AR pistol grips, and the grips for most Western rifles, you'll see that they much more rounded in the front and back for greater comfort.

2) The back of the stock should either flat or slightly concave for better ergonomics. Making it convex makes it harder to get a good grip on your shoulder and nobody designs a stock that's convex in the back. It's also worth noting that some stocks actually narrow/taper a bit towards the bottom, once again for better ergonomics. The texture on the back, though, is good and resembles a lot of modern stocks.

Looking good so far but I do have a couple of suggestions.

1) I'd round out the pistol grip a bit more, if you look at the various AR pistol grips, and the grips for most Western rifles, you'll see that they much more rounded in the front and back for greater comfort.

2) The back of the stock should either flat or slightly concave for better ergonomics. Making it convex makes it harder to get a good grip on your shoulder and nobody designs a stock that's convex in the back. It's also worth noting that some stocks actually narrow/taper a bit towards the bottom, once again for better ergonomics. The texture on the back, though, is good and resembles a lot of modern stocks.

Thanks for the input, and sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I've been sick and didn't get to working on my projects recently.

For the grip, I have to see, if I can somehow rework it easily for the already printed version.

The rear end should actually be no problem at all, since it is a seperate piece, that can be removed, to get all the electronics in. Since I wasn't to happy with the print quality anyway, I will just rework it and print again.
And yeah, it definitely makes more sense to have it concave.

Don't know if I mentioned this, but I will make the barrels folding, just like in the game. :)

In the meantime I've finished one side of the barrel.

IMG_20190123_120918.jpg

Great job on printing/putting that prop together. As for the "Cyber Punk" style, I would change the title to "Avatar Style Rifle"...too modern looking for the Cyber Punk design;)(y)(y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back