Cyberman in FOAM!!! - WITH PATTERNS!!

I wanted to share my version of the build. This is the wife and I at the Long Island Dr Who convention this last November. There was someone else there doing an earlier generation Cyberman as well, which was cool.

I wish it were easier to get on. I have clips to hold the upper arm pieces to the chest piece, and I have to have the wife fasten those for me. Also, for the modifications I think the only one I made was for the codpiece. I took several inches off of the right and left sides and ended up adding velcro tabs so I could slip it off to use the restroom. I also added about 6 inches in the crotch so that it sat a little higher than it did before. Now it sits in the middle of the space between the chest piece and the legs. It was too low before on me.

I can say that I've worn this to two cons so far, and it's been a hit at each one. I plan on adding a voice box and lights on the mouth at some point, but honestly the reception is good enough as it is so I'd only be doing it for the learning experience now. And this build has clearly been a learning experience!

Thanks for the pattern. I look forward to getting the new one once it's available.

Hey STOSH, looks great!! Thanks for posting the pic. I have an announcement, so check back soon!

I wanted to share my version of the build. This is the wife and I at the Long Island Dr Who convention this last November. There was someone else there doing an earlier generation Cyberman as well, which was cool.

I wish it were easier to get on. I have clips to hold the upper arm pieces to the chest piece, and I have to have the wife fasten those for me. Also, for the modifications I think the only one I made was for the codpiece. I took several inches off of the right and left sides and ended up adding velcro tabs so I could slip it off to use the restroom. I also added about 6 inches in the crotch so that it sat a little higher than it did before. Now it sits in the middle of the space between the chest piece and the legs. It was too low before on me.

I can say that I've worn this to two cons so far, and it's been a hit at each one. I plan on adding a voice box and lights on the mouth at some point, but honestly the reception is good enough as it is so I'd only be doing it for the learning experience now. And this build has clearly been a learning experience!

Thanks for the pattern. I look forward to getting the new one once it's available.

NIS patterns image.jpg

!!!!!! THE WAIT IS OVER !!!!! The NIGHTMARE IN SILVER patterns are available!! I updated the first page with the cost ($16). Please email me at malakikeller@gmail.com for info on ordering. The higher cost is because I spent years reworking the patterns so they are all LETTER size! It's 76 pages people, hope you have enough ink, lol. As always, I deeply appreciate everyone's patience and if there are any questions or comments, please post them so we can all learn together. Thank you!!

Last edited:
As much as I'd love to have this version (a better match for my wife's Missy costume) I don't think I have space to store another full one! I can't seem to condense it down very much to store, so it takes a *lot* of space. Two of these would really fill up my craft room! Looks great through.

I wore my Cyberman (age of steel version) costume from your pattern to the Pennsylvania Renn Faire this last weekend. (It was their Wizarding and Time Travel themed weekend). It was a hit (as it has been at every event I've worn it to) and I got to take on several doctors. Thanks once again for the awesome pattern!
IMG_2876.jpeg

Thought I'd post what I've got so far using Wondersquid's great patterns.

It's still pretty rough, but I guess it's not too bad for my first attempt working with EVA foam.

Attachments

• WIN_20210108_00_08_21_Pro (2).jpg
    WIN_20210108_00_08_21_Pro (2).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 109
  • WIN_20210108_00_08_29_Pro (2).jpg
    WIN_20210108_00_08_29_Pro (2).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 95
I'm still making some progress on this build. Here's a few more pics. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 97
Hello,
I want to build an cosplay of cyberman of 2005. It's always actuality or not for send a file to build it please ?
Sorry, i'm french and i have a notion of english, and i hope you endersdand me.
See you later
Yohan, I sent you an email. I hope it translates well.

Hi! I'm wondering if you still are offering these templates. I want to build a cyberman for con in a few months, and this is one that I found. Do I just have to email you?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back