Cw Flash Cowl and costume

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by jolive, Jun 21, 2015.

1. jolive

jolive Active Member

Hey Everyone I just thought I would share with you all My latest project that I've put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in to. Its nearing completion well at least the cowl is... should be done in the next few days. The rest of the suit is probly quite a ways out.. but im building every part of this from scratch! When this is all said and done I will have done everything but skin the cow and dye the leather. This suit is going to require every skill I have, (Sculpting, Molding, Sewing) as well as force me to develop new skills such as 3D design, and sewing leather!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Sculpt.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Leather and matching material.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Finished Cowl ready for molding.( I actually put quite a bit more work in this after these photos)
    [IM[​IMG]G][/

3D chest emblem design( I already have it printed no pics yet.)
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. CynicalMormon

CynicalMormon Member

Looking good. Did you print the ear emblems too? What is your process for painting them?

3. jolive

jolive Active Member

I did print them but I will be molding and casting them in tinted urethane rubber or plastic... Maybe cold cast metal pigment.

4. CynicalMormon

CynicalMormon Member

Oh that makes more sense to do it that way. Makes them a little more durable as well.
    Definitely look forward to watching this one.

jolive likes this.
  5. BlackKaos

BlackKaos Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice sculpt!

jolive likes this.
  6. Zinger

Zinger Active Member

Hey Jolive, hopefully you're still around. Did you end up casting these emblems?

I need to cast two emblems to adorn a pair of modified Converse Chucks. I thought I'd use silicone but haven't had much luck with my tests.

IMG_20170422_091738.jpg

What did you use?

7. jolive

jolive Active Member

Hi everyone, thanks for reviving this thread I obviously forgot to update it with the progress. So I will post new photos up top.

8. jolive

jolive Active Member

Hi zinger, hopefully I can help. I did create successful castings of the lightning bolts, and although I use plastic castings for the costume, I did toy with making rubber bolts, specifically urethane rubber which is probably what your shoes rubber is made with. I would definitely suggest going this route. If you want to post pics of your product your working on I'm sure I could help guide you through the process. Or if your wanting a quick fix I'm sure I could hook you up with a set of my own bolts.

9. Zinger

Zinger Active Member

Thanks, Jolive.

Can you suggest a good urethane for this project? Something that will match the toe cap and sole of the shoes would be perfect.

Basically, I'm replacing the Converse logo on a pair of black Chucks with the lightening bolt from Matt Wagner's Mage - The Hero Discovered.

I've already got the Chucks. A little acetone took off the existing logo. And I have the positive of lightening bolt emblem done and am ready to make the mold.

IMG_20170422_091738.jpg IMG_20170424_173020.jpg IMG_20170424_174247.jpg IMG_20170430_142549.jpg

My next question is what do I use to cast it?