Cw Flash Cowl and costume

jolive

Hey Everyone I just thought I would share with you all My latest project that I've put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in to. Its nearing completion well at least the cowl is... should be done in the next few days. The rest of the suit is probly quite a ways out.. but im building every part of this from scratch! When this is all said and done I will have done everything but skin the cow and dye the leather. This suit is going to require every skill I have, (Sculpting, Molding, Sewing) as well as force me to develop new skills such as 3D design, and sewing leather!

flash-recap_612x380_zpshwrle2yk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sculpt.
f06796e7-bd7f-41e5-8096-dc8def4f05de_zpstgh7rbeg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Leather and matching material.
4ddcc15d-bfec-403b-ae6b-a743545cacbc_zpsjrw7ggln.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finished Cowl ready for molding.( I actually put quite a bit more work in this after these photos)
[IMG][/

3D chest emblem design( I already have it printed no pics yet.)
495df354-7ed0-4150-8bfd-7551e0b2cb94_zpsdjbqpq8q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I did print them but I will be molding and casting them in tinted urethane rubber or plastic... Maybe cold cast metal pigment.

Hey Jolive, hopefully you're still around. Did you end up casting these emblems?

I need to cast two emblems to adorn a pair of modified Converse Chucks. I thought I'd use silicone but haven't had much luck with my tests.

IMG_20170422_091738.jpg

What did you use?

Hi everyone, thanks for reviving this thread I obviously forgot to update it with the progress. So I will post new photos up top.

Hi zinger, hopefully I can help. I did create successful castings of the lightning bolts, and although I use plastic castings for the costume, I did toy with making rubber bolts, specifically urethane rubber which is probably what your shoes rubber is made with. I would definitely suggest going this route. If you want to post pics of your product your working on I'm sure I could help guide you through the process. Or if your wanting a quick fix I'm sure I could hook you up with a set of my own bolts.

Hi zinger, hopefully I can help. I did create successful castings of the lightning bolts, and although I use plastic castings for the costume, I did toy with making rubber bolts, specifically urethane rubber which is probably what your shoes rubber is made with. I would definitely suggest going this route. If you want to post pics of your product your working on I'm sure I could help guide you through the process. Or if your wanting a quick fix I'm sure I could hook you up with a set of my own bolts.

Thanks, Jolive.

Can you suggest a good urethane for this project? Something that will match the toe cap and sole of the shoes would be perfect.

Basically, I'm replacing the Converse logo on a pair of black Chucks with the lightening bolt from Matt Wagner's Mage - The Hero Discovered.

I've already got the Chucks. A little acetone took off the existing logo. And I have the positive of lightening bolt emblem done and am ready to make the mold.

IMG_20170422_091738.jpgIMG_20170424_173020.jpgIMG_20170424_174247.jpgIMG_20170430_142549.jpg

My next question is what do I use to cast it?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back