CW Batwoman

You could fix a lot of that trailer by just changing one word.
"The suit is perfect."
"It will be. When it fits me."

(That, and getting rid of the last cringey line in the trailer.)

It's great to have a female protagonist. It's fine to have a homosexual protagonist. But it's weak to root her identity in her gender and sexuality. I'm hoping the series isn't driven by this one idea, but the trailer certainly gives that impression. CW, take a page from the MCU playbook for a change. The Black Widow was a strong character because neither she, nor the other members, made any big deal about her gender.

If that isn't bad enough, did she really have to piss on Bruce Wayne's legacy to promote herself? It's not only misplaced writing, it makes me think less of her character.

Except that's the only reason they're doing it. Yes, it's stupid, but so too are the people who go in for this kind of thing. It isn't about making a good show, it's about making a statement.

I agree there is a lot of “girl power” in the trailer. But it’s no secret that women for years have taken a backseat to the male lead in all varieties of entertainment. If this show inspires females and progresses the female lead movement, then I fully support it.

Except, you know, they don't. Female-led action movies and games and everything else have been out there for decades. But what we're seeing now aren't shows that empower women, they are shows that tear down men. They are extremely sexist against men.

I want to clarify..

in the 'real-world'.. Yes. 'Girl power' to get more actors/actresses on the same playing field...etc..etc..

Totally fine with that.. but that DOES NOT mean the movie, shows, episodes need to be like that.. (stop using it as a platform, it supposed to be entertainment)

If they choose to do so.. then they target a specific audience.. and the results are the results.

** I doubt a line like 'when its made to fit a woman' would fly if it was reversed. (even though in its current format, it doesnt offend me one bit)

You can be a 'bad-ass' by staying true to your roots/dedication/faith,......... gender shouldnt have any place here.

Last edited:
Some posts edited/removed. Please keep the political angle out ("left", "right", "political", "politics", etc.). Thanks.

(n) for me.

Too much 'girl power' being jammed down my face! (and this is only the trailer!)

Totally makes me NOT focus on the character itself anymore.

If she wanted/wants her own (whether appropriate or not) KUDOS here... then be original.

"I'm Batwoman!! (why is everyone associating me with me Batman!) Ugggh..."

umm.. maybe choose a different name/customer/theme/vibe perhaps??

(eye roll)

Absolutely nothing is being jammed down your face(!). Dude, if don't like seeing women in power positions, don't watch.

There is absolutely no law out there that tells studios they can't cater to the current market trends. Equally, there's no law out there that say that YOU have to watch what they're selling.

Sheesh. I had no interest in watching Big Brother, so I didn't. I had no interest in watching lots of stuff, so didn't.

Pretty simple.

But again. Society is changing to be far more equal than it has been, or is, and if that means jamming stuff down people's faces to get the message, than so be it. It's not like men haven't been jamming thing down everyone else's faces for, oh, you know, all of history to date.

Give it to me baby! Jam it down my.... face.

You can NOT tell me what "I" feel is being 'jammed down my face. (period).

Its not YOUR place to tell me how or what I feel.

I never said there was a 'law' (WTF are you talking about?)

And you are right.. I dont have to (and wont) be watching it... hence the POINT of chiming in on a thread that is discussing it.

As I stated.. "FOR ME"..................

So for a girl to be in a position of power.. they need to 'man bash'? They need to complain? They need to be seen as unique pioneers even when standing on the shoulders of others before them? That cant really be how you define women in power can it? (pretty sad,, seems like a disservice for those in power that adibe by the rules everyone has/should be following) Gender respect goes both ways.

You have completely missed my point, made it personal for you (somehow?) and then respond like this? (eye roll)....

So I'm not buying what they are selling.

If they are in the business of 'selling' SJW or girl power.. or any other 'agenda' outside of 'entertainment'.. than it isnt for me.

You cant be 'special' and a 'victim' at the same time.. frickin' pick one!

Typical hypocracy .... even by your own statement.

Men have been doing 'x, y, x'... (which is bad)

But now girls can do it.. and its good/ok?

How about accountability for ALL.

(sigh)

* someone needs a hug today.

Last edited:
It's funny people want to write it off from a commercial.

There is every chance what's in the commercial doesn't even make the show. It's still 4+ months from airing. Anything and everything could be changed.

If you don't want to watch. Don't watch. It should really be that simple. Using the Big Brother analogies above, i think that's the dumbest concept for a show and the fact it's lasted like a decade is inconceivable to me. However, that's the first time i've said that online (i think) and i don't go seeking out BB threads/forums to voice my displeasure in. It's not for me. I get that concept. There are those that like it, and as odd as it is to me, more power to them.

Gotham didn't do it for me after a few episodes either. I didn't go posting in there either, at least I don't think I did. If so it wasn't much more than 'it's my thing'. One of my best friends loved it. Great for them. To each his own, etc, etc. :)

I didnt 'seek' this thread out either.. it was here.. and showed up in thew new 'threads' list.

I read it.. saw the links/pics..etc.. watched the trailed.. and made a decision for MYSELF. I didnt try to convince anyone to join my point of view. From the 'commercial' they put forth as an example of what the show is about and the 'back story'.....

As it stands.. its not for me. To much 'other stuff' that distracts from the character/entertainment.

If thats not how it ends up being.. great! Although I think they did themselves a disservice to represent it one way.. then not provide it. People can like it all they want. If they want to be 'trendy'.. and like to see all the man bashing/girl power stuff.. more power to them.

To me.. they dont need a 'Batwoman' series to do so...

You can be a boss "B" without having to have the SJW/girl power side of things IMHO.. just be a bad-ass.. (not a bad-ass girl)

We are here discussing an upcoming show... based on what they have released to us.

Besides, if people didn't give their honest reviews of what they saw and liked or didn't like, this would just be a mindless circle jerk. Nobody here has any control over what makes it on TV. It's just a forum. If you want to read only masturbatory views, this is probably not the place for you.

You can NOT tell me what "I" feel is being 'jammed down my face. (period).

Its not YOUR place to tell me how or what I feel.

I never said there was a 'law' (WTF are you talking about?)

And you are right.. I dont have to (and wont) be watching it... hence the POINT of chiming in on a thread that is discussing it.

As I stated.. "FOR ME"..................

So for a girl to be in a position of power.. they need to 'man bash'? They need to complain? They need to be seen as unique pioneers even when standing on the shoulders of others before them? That cant really be how you define women in power can it? (pretty sad,, seems like a disservice for those in power that adibe by the rules everyone has/should be following) Gender respect goes both ways.

You have completely missed my point, made it personal for you (somehow?) and then respond like this? (eye roll)....

So I'm not buying what they are selling.

If they are in the business of 'selling' SJW or girl power.. or any other 'agenda' outside of 'entertainment'.. than it isnt for me.

Typical hypocracy .... even by your own statement.

Men have been doing 'x, y, x'... (which is bad)

But now girls can do it.. and its good/ok?

How about accountability for ALL.

(sigh)

* someone needs a hug today.

Oh, I can tell you whatever I want to tell you.

It's your choice to listen or not.

Though it really is in your best interest to listen and abide by what I say. My way is better than most.

Follow me. I'll send my border collie to keep you from straying too far and to protect you from predators and from yourself.

I didn't think it was bad. I'll give a few weeks to decide. Seemed to suffer a bit from the 'new cast trying to find their zone' syndrome, a bit, has good potential i think.

I watched SG afterward and it made me think Batwoman was even better. Subtlety is totally lost on those writers.

Actually it CAN be two things! ;)
81ZGiRKlBfL._RI_.jpg

Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself :)

On to Batwoman:
I watched the trailer and it seemed Okay but kind of generic (might be my superhero fatigue), though I didn't get a manhater or SJW vibe from it. They're definitely playing it from a different view than the comics but that's better than rehashing a story that's already been told. I'm getting pretty sick of the whole Batman universe honestly so a different spin might be cool. I did like the revised suit at the end of the trailer.
I'll wait until there's a few episodes done to check it out.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back