CW Arrow bow prop

I'm about to "pull the trigger" on buying this riser and bow in hopes of making it an accurate tv prop like you did. (great work btw) Any suggestions? And what size limbs did you end up buying? Whats the total end-to-end size of the bow? Thanks in advance for any input

great job on makin the prop of the bow. many respect on creating it. just 2 question if you could answer i would really appreciate it:
1: what did you use to scruff up the riser? 2: could you please post a picture of the symbols on the riser. Thank you

Last edited:
I've been following the thread closely along with the other in regards to the Arrow costume/props but I guess I'm just wondering if you give a final list of what you used for your bow? Was it the red stag takedown riser? And what limbs? How long? Also which cleat and hinges did you use?

The bow they used for the show is a Ragim Matrix jr. 48" with a maximum draw of 24lbs, I just recently bought one on ebay for $110

Just wondering how you came across this information? If you read it somewhere or just from looking at screen grabs you were able to figure it out?

Ryan,

Can you please tell us why you think its the Rajim Matrix Jr. 48" 24lb? Are you simply eyeballing it? From all the pics I've looked at I think you're definitely right. The tricky thing is, there seems to be two versions of the RM Jr. One looks like it can definitely be the base model they selected for the screen used bow. But another version out there shows a different design where the riser meets the limbs. I'm not confusing the Jr. vs the Sr. models. I actually think there's two slightly different designed Jrs. Although the models not meant for youth probably do have the non screen accurate riser connections. I'm hoping the Rajim Matrix Jr. is in fact the screen accurate bow. I think the limbs that come with it may even be the screen accurate limbs.

So finally got the green and brown bow string in and finished up the bow. Granted it isn't an exact copy of the TV show bow, but best I could do without having a garage to cut and shape the riser to look exactly like the the TV prop plus I did all this work in an apartment. Here's pics of it finished.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9343/img0654uh.jpg

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1187/img0655dm.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4384/img0656wp.jpg

Awesome work! I'm curious to know what you used for tape (?) for the box straps (hinges)? I've located the other parts. This is the only thing stumping me. :(

I used tan wax string I got at a Hobby Shop to wrap the box hinges and then covered them with invisible tape to keep it all together.

Ryan,

Can you please tell us why you think its the Rajim Matrix Jr. 48" 24lb? Are you simply eyeballing it? From all the pics I've looked at I think you're definitely right. The tricky thing is, there seems to be two versions of the RM Jr. One looks like it can definitely be the base model they selected for the screen used bow. But another version out there shows a different design where the riser meets the limbs. I'm not confusing the Jr. vs the Sr. models. I actually think there's two slightly different designed Jrs. Although the models not meant for youth probably do have the non screen accurate riser connections. I'm hoping the Rajim Matrix Jr. is in fact the screen accurate bow. I think the limbs that come with it may even be the screen accurate limbs.

Already emailed you but for everyone else, the 48" Ragim Matrix Jr has the correct "no limb pocket" design. The larger Jr sizes have the limb pockets. Seems the 48" is screen accurate.

How did you attach the chock on? Did you glue, tape, what? And the hinges too. And if you place an arrow on the arrow rest (hinge) or does it slip off?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back