Cute Little Enterprise (TOS)

PHArchivist

Master Member
1:1000 Polar Lights

Fun little kit.

Work on removing her "bra strap" (no pretty lady wants a seam on her back)...

Attachments

• IMG_3103.JPG
    IMG_3103.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 304
  • IMG_3104.JPG
    IMG_3104.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_3105.JPG
    IMG_3105.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 229
  • IMG_3106.JPG
    IMG_3106.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3107.JPG
    IMG_3107.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3108.JPG
    IMG_3108.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_3109.JPG
    IMG_3109.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_3110.JPG
    IMG_3110.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 224
  • IMG_3111.JPG
    IMG_3111.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 301
The bussard collectors are experiments using spare parts.

The Ent A. is a story for another day, but the lamp in the background is no accident.

I like your desk lamp that looks like it's from The Undiscovered Country.

Abso - ******* - lutely!!

Found two non-functioning units on The Bay for $100.00 total; shipped.

I don't need a lamp - I wanted a Star Trek prop (or, set decoration as it is)...

So I was all in...

In working order, these Porsche Design lamps sell for $500.00 - $1,000.00.

Last edited:
Anyone else done this kit?

I'm doing the production version...

How the thunder do you get the little white balls into the nacelle endcaps?

Last edited:
Color tests...

Rust-oleum Primer (nacelle with the Bussard Collector)

Tamiya Light Blue - Luftwaffe (right nacelle below)

Tamiya Light Grey - IJN (left nacelle below)

Base plastic color (dish)

The two nacelles were undercoated with Moss Green

IMG_4111.JPG
IMG_4112.JPG
IMG_4113.JPG
IMG_4114.JPG
IMG_4115.JPG

For what it's worth, I like the way the Light Blue looks on the nacelle. If that was the final colour I think it would look pretty good. Then again, I think even that grey primer looks good too.

I have an older Diamond Select Classic Enterprise that's easily about 12 years old and I'm happy with how they chose to colour it. I tried taking a photo of it to show, but the photo doesn't do it justice unfortunately. For example, I like all 3 of those colours you showed. It's difficult to colour match. I like the last picture you posted. Something about that specific font against the grey, it still get's one's attention doesn't it.

I have an older Diamond Select Classic Enterprise that's easily about 12 years old and I'm happy with how they chose to colour it. I tried taking a photo of it to show, but the photo doesn't do it justice unfortunately. For example, I like all 3 of those colours you showed. It's difficult to colour match. I like the last picture you posted. Something about that specific font against the grey, it still get's one's attention doesn't it.

Yeah for such a small simple kit, the styrene on the tiny one is pretty damn good; has the grey and the green we want.

The styrene on the 1:1000 is about the same color, but even though 1:1000 is still small, it requires seam filling. And of course, then, primer and paint...

Having built many of these kits over the years (various Constitutions as well as kitbashes and conversions), I’ve gotten my own build methods down to a science.

But, from Day One, my go-to base color has been Testors’ Flat Gull Gray, from their now sadly-discontinued Model Master line. I still have a few builds in mind, and still have some of the paint left, but I do wonder what I’m gonna do if I need more in the future.

Anyway, if you can find some, that’s my recommendation!

Having built many of these kits over the years (various Constitutions as well as kitbashes and conversions), I’ve gotten my own build methods down to a science.

But, from Day One, my go-to base color has been Testors’ Flat Gull Gray, from their now sadly-discontinued Model Master line. I still have a few builds in mind, and still have some of the paint left, but I do wonder what I’m gonna do if I need more in the future.

Anyway, if you can find some, that’s my recommendation!

Coll - will keep that in mind...

Would like to see your builds.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back