Want to Buy Cut plexiglass

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TheDarkPope

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
$150 for labor is not unreasonable. There are complex angles that are more difficult to cut and make cleanly than just a quick laser cut at a 90 degree angle. It may be cheaper to vacuform your pieces. That way the complex angles are made in one quick suction, also producing the cavity for your liquid.

CharlesHouse

She had this done previously for free, it was so little work for shop she took it to. However, that sword leaked and was ruined while trying to use it as a template. $150 is unreasonable for something this size, for a project like this, and far beyond our budget.

TheDarkPope

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There's a difference between you not having a budget for it, and it not being worth that to have it done professionally correct the first time. One could argue that your router incident that landed you in the urgent care, buying the router, and all time spent trying to get it working is likely much more than the $150 in labor plus $20 in plexiglass. Good luck.

CharlesHouse

There's a difference between you not having a budget for it, and it not being worth that to have it done professionally correct the first time. One could argue that your router incident that landed you in the urgent care, buying the router, and all time spent trying to get it working is likely much more than the $150 in labor plus $20 in plexiglass. Good luck.
I have good insurance, and I sold the router for what I paid for it. Oh, and the places we spoke with were charging as much for the plexiglass as they were the work.

Things are worth what someone will, and can afford to, pay for it. Please take your comments elsewhere. I feel your remarks are getting a bit close to troll territory, and aren't very mature. Considering this is a WTB forum, it seems to me that, if you aren't selling, you needn't comment.

Last edited:

TheDarkPope

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Did I not put enough smileys in to make my tone correct? :) :) :)

If trying on 2 different threads to help you is considered being a troll - then I won't offer any more suggestions to any more of your posts. Good luck.

CharlesHouse

I think "you probably spent more money ****ing it up and hurting yourself" is enough to make your input a bit offputting. Also, I don't call telling me "this price isn't unreasonable, your budget is" isn't "help."

TheDarkPope

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Those are not my words and they never were. If you're going to quote what I said then please reference a post in which I said that.

Unless I'm misquoted again I will again leave you to your project and again say good luck.

CharlesHouse

Those are not my words and they never were. If you're going to quote what I said then please reference a post in which I said that.

Unless I'm misquoted again I will again leave you to your project and again say good luck.
You've said goodbye three times.