Custom Westar-34 blaster

Inquisitor Peregrinus

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Granted, we don't know if there's even a "standard" version of this blaster. I was originally thinking of saying this was a Westar-33 or -35 or something. But there are enough similarities I decided to just stick with -34 and make it a custom version. After all, the brace that Jango had, he had ordered custom -- hollowed grips, larger prefire chambers, etc. I began to get the feeling they're like the Star Wars version of the Colt M1911, with options and presentation customization for just about any occasion or need. Mine is something like if Westar did it as a presentation sidearm for some target-shooting retired general.

DSC00190_zps04565bdd.jpg

I cannibalized two of the Rubies Westars for a single blaster. I thinned the grip of one down to the correct width, and have some faux amber grip scales that I'm in the midst of grinding down to apply to them (and the screws for them, you can see alongside). The two barrels are getting combined into one longer one, the side vents being combined into one on each side. The new muzzle is a wonderful example of serendipity. A random fitting from some plumbing fixture that ended up in my bitz box along the way. I'm crafting a new endcap, as well, as part of trimming down the butt end of the blaster so it fits in the holster.

Next post will get into the specifics I'm working on...

--Jonah

Unlike the prop and most of the replicas, the thickness of the plastic coupled with the diameter of the inner barrel left a slight gap that I'm keeping to imply an air-cooled barrel inside the barrel sleeve.

DSC00192_zpsfd3bb51b.jpg

The inner part of the muzzle:

DSC00193_zpsa05b8210.jpg

The muzzle shroud:

DSC00194_zps567754d4.jpg

And the part I'm really happy with -- down inside:

DSC00196_zps09f2e5cf.jpg

Here's one of the grip scales, roughed into shape:

DSC00201_zps36c550f1.jpg

And in position on the grip:

DSC00202_zpsc98addbf.jpg

I still have a whole lot of grinding-down to go on these, but it gives an idea.

Overview-type stuff in the next post...

--Jonah

Last edited:
Very rough assembly to get a sense of how it all goes together. The barrel extension is just roughed in position. Still needs to be cut down and the end of the side vent on the main part of the barrel opened up and lined up. I shaved enough off where the grips come together to make the grip an inch wide, as it should be. The upper part works well with the receiver area, so I left that. The offset is lined up so it nestles just so in my hand. The amber grip scales will be fitted below that lip. I trimmed down the dovetail above the grip, and have a different endcap. Made a new more accurate trigger. I also still have some more epoxy-putty reshaping to do. And I left out the inner barrel for this mockup.

DSC00219_zpscb01e24b.jpg

I need to upload pics of the work I've gotten done since, like getting the hole in the trigger drilled out for the brass rod it rides on, and such.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back