Custom tiffany doll

catielvargas83

Hello. I'm a huge fan of the bride of chucky. So I purchased both dolls at spencer's. Neither doll looked very good. So I started in on the job right away. I will be posting my steps and my progress along the way. Feel free to make comments

Attachments

• 20210513_113610.jpg
    20210513_113610.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
My first step was cutting out the eyes and painting her with a new skin tone. I have also cut off her hair so I can shave it all off and remove the head to put in the new acrylic eyes when I get them

Attachments

• 16289968373378034214851328713841.jpg
    16289968373378034214851328713841.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
If you can get the head off (hot water or a hair dryer helps), and the hair is rooted you can pull it out from the inside with needle nose pliers. Are you planning to re-root the hair or do a wig?

Okay, in that case if you can't/don't want to remove the head you could cut the head open along the top and back to access the eyes. Then you can glue the incision up with Liquid Fusion. This is assuming it's made of vinyl like any other doll.

Okay, in that case if you can't/don't want to remove the head you could cut the head open along the top and back to access the eyes. Then you can glue the incision up with Liquid Fusion. This is assuming it's made of vinyl like any other doll.
That's what I will probably be doing with the head. It just seems easier. Also I was thinking about painting the white fabric of her legs. What do you think?

Ya, if you wanted it skin color. You could also cover them with flesh-colored nylons (kids size?) and then the fishnets or whatever you wanted over that. Definitely add fabric medium if you're using acrylic paint so it's not crusty if you paint them.

Ya, if you wanted it skin color. You could also cover them with flesh-colored nylons (kids size?) and then the fishnets or whatever you wanted over that. Definitely add fabric medium if you're using acrylic paint so it's not crusty if you paint them.
Thanks so much. I'm new to this so you are helping me alot along the way

Yay! I collect dolls of all kinds and am into customs as well, so I'm happy to help. I forget who made it, but I have one of the older "Bride of" Chuckys (with the stitched-up face) myself, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. :) Always wanted a Tiffany but just haven't run across one.

Yay! I collect dolls of all kinds and am into customs as well, so I'm happy to help. I forget who made it, but I have one of the older "Bride of" Chuckys (with the stitched-up face) myself, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. :) Always wanted a Tiffany but just haven't run across one.
I actually have a chucky too. I already finished that custom.

Here is my chucky doll before and after

Attachments

• 20210509_210751.jpg
    20210509_210751.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
  • 20210813_124632.jpg
    20210813_124632.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 88
So I haven't gotten much done since my last post. I was waiting for my fabric medium to be delivered. So all I have gotten done is her legs painted. Tomorrow I plan on starting to paint her face. Her eyes should be delivered on Monday

Attachments

• 20210822_021831.jpg
    20210822_021831.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
Ew, eyebrows are the worst. The way you would do it on a small doll is to use pastels to roughly draw in the shape and then you can erase parts of it to shape it how you want. You would then seal that (Mr. Super Clear is the standard but I've used the Krylon matte finish since it's cheaper and easy to find), and then you can draw them darker with colored pencils. You seal as you go to "save your progress," so to speak. It takes longer to build up the layers than paint but that way if you mess up you can just erase it.

I did a quick look for a tutorial, and here's kind of a quick idea of what I'm talking about:

Obviously on a larger doll it's going to be different, but I'm thinking you could at least use the pastel idea to get the basic shape how you want and then if you would rather paint them on you could do that on top. If you're more struggling with the painting itself then I would check out tutorials for nail art, they have good tips for getting fine, straight lines.

Ew, eyebrows are the worst. The way you would do it on a small doll is to use pastels to roughly draw in the shape and then you can erase parts of it to shape it how you want. You would then seal that (Mr. Super Clear is the standard but I've used the Krylon matte finish since it's cheaper and easy to find), and then you can draw them darker with colored pencils. You seal as you go to "save your progress," so to speak. It takes longer to build up the layers than paint but that way if you mess up you can just erase it.

I did a quick look for a tutorial, and here's kind of a quick idea of what I'm talking about:

Obviously on a larger doll it's going to be different, but I'm thinking you could at least use the pastel idea to get the basic shape how you want and then if you would rather paint them on you could do that on top. If you're more struggling with the painting itself then I would check out tutorials for nail art, they have good tips for getting fine, straight lines.
Thanks for the advice. I'm having problems with them being to thick because tiffany has really thin drew on eyebrows. And wheni get them the right thickness than they end up not looking the same. I have done the about 18 times. I'm going to try your drawing them on first idea and see how that goes. Thanks for the advice

You could also make a stencil of the shape you want and then pencil in the outline, flip to the other side. If it looks off it's easy to erase and redo. Then when you're happy you can permanently draw/paint them on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back