Custom Signature Plaque Question

Edraven99

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I had a couple of custom aluminum plaques made by Pastor Jedi in the "tall" MR signature style that I am intending to get autographed; but the only thing that he couldn't replicate was the white signature area.

I originally thought that I could just cut an address label and affix it to the plaque, but I started thinking about the longevity of doing this; i.e. potential peeling or having the glue eventually bleed through the paper.

I was hoping that a few of you that have had custom plaques made yourselves could offer up a suggestion as to how best to create a signature area for the plaques as I'm also afraid of just having the plaques signed directly might not be the best option for fear of smudging.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I'm not familiar with the plaques you are talking about but if I understand correctly you want a white rectangle on which the autograph to go... What about checking with a place that does the vinyl automotive wraps to see if you can a couple of scraps of white to see if they would work. That way you can test different markers on the material before applying it to see what looks best and holds without smudging...

You're welcome.

It will change the surface to a matte finish that will work fine for signing with a Sharpie marker, common for autographing.

It's commonly known as sandblasting, but using little glass beads.

It's something I can do here in my shop if you need it.

You're welcome.

It will change the surface to a matte finish that will work fine for signing with a Sharpie marker, common for autographing.

It's commonly known as sandblasting, but using little glass beads.

It's something I can do here in my shop if you need it.

Cool! I'll keep it in mind! Thanks Philip!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back