Custom Serenity/Firefly Shuttle

darthviper107

Sr Member
I had made this 3D model a while back and it looks like it will be feasible to get a 3D print made so that I can have a replica of it so I've started working on engineering the pieces. I have the Serenity model as well that I'd like to do in the future, but that will take a lot of time and money so I decided to go with the shuttle first.

I'm designing it so that it will be easy to add electronics into it and I've got a few ideas on how to do some stuff. I'm thinking of having a magnet in the bottom so it would be possible to make a stand with a magnet on top and so you could just stick it on there and remove it whenever you want, never have to worry about it falling off and you wouldn't have a hole going through the bottom.

And rather than have a switch somewhere, I'm planning on making it so that the lights come on when the wings are open. There would be lights on the wing tips and the top along with the front. I haven't done the inside yet but that's also something I plan on doing.

Anyways, so here's the wings, I made them in two pieces so that it will be easy to get a fiber optic in to the tip.

View attachment 56526

View attachment 56527

The ship is about 5.5" long and pretty close to the size of the Dark Horse ornament. That would make the full-sized Serenity ship at 36"

That might be possible, although off the top of my head I can't think of a good place to put a button.

I'm also thinking of a way to make it easy to open up to change the batteries. There's four thrusters on the bottom and so I'm thinking I could make those removable so they could go in like a key and then you would twist them to lock the bottom onto the top.

That way there's no wires or anything that shouldn't be there.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back