Custom Predator, P1-Berserker

rabbit

Okay so me being the king of unfinished projects i vow to get this done. Solemnly swear it will be finished in some way
No specific type of predator, more of a P1 shape with Berserker texture and crests. I have never sculpted a predator before, or well anything with a relatively humanoid shape. Open to comments concerns tips and what have you. I could definitely use any little nuggets of advice from the veterans here

this is just 2 days of work, just trying to block out shapes and get symmetry down. I can't seem to get the mandibles to  do what i want with them 

1378459_10151709392266188_1974362665_n.jpg

1395413_10151709392256188_163499973_n.jpg

predator.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

So making a little bit more progress with the shapes and overall size of the head. Felt that it was a little to long so i cut off the crown and made it a little bit smaller to be able to accommodate other bio's. roughing out the mandibles and teeth still, but the crests on the forehead have been cut out. and the overall shape is smaller.

sorry for the cell phone quality pics. 

tumblr_muu3nyjswl1qchx3yo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_muu3nyjswl1qchx3yo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_muu3nyjswl1qchx3yo4_250.jpg

a little bit more work. a smaller more refined crest. some attempt at facial wrinkling detail. Can't seem  to figure out how to sculpt a bumpy scaley kind of texture. And somewhat bone-ish looking shapes into the crest. 

tumblr_muyc822mwX1rmqjixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_muyc822mwX1rmqjixo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_muur80yS9q1qchx3yo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_muyc822mwX1rmqjixo4_1280.jpg

sorry no pics tonight. I have a question for any of the seasoned sculptors. I'm rather green at this, and i can't seem to be able to sculpt raised scales or small bumps around the eye line. can anyone give me any good tips, or a little hidden gem to make it a little easier ? 

Rabbit13 said:
sorry no pics tonight. I have a question for any of the seasoned sculptors. I'm rather green at this, and i can't seem to be able to sculpt raised scales or small bumps around the eye line. can anyone give me any good tips, or a little hidden gem to make it a little easier ? 
First i draw it in to the clay with a spike tool, or a sharp one, whathever works best tondo lines, then after i do the lines i want i carve around it, and adding or removing clay as i go

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back