CUSTOM PRED. Head Sculpt pics**

bweapon

Hi again, everyone.

For all of those of you who know what its about, Then welcome back.
I started this new topic as the old one was quite confusing, starting off as a build then changing to the current situation.
Anyway, for anyone who doesnt know about this, Micael Joseph Brady was a member here on the Lair aka floeter2010. Tragically he died on the 7th of december 2010, at the age of only 25 from an un-diagnosed heart condition.
I knew Mike because I was in the process of going through designs with him as he had commisioned me with a build for a full custom predator suit...
Then, after making a good start, i was told the news by his wife Melissa.
He was 25 and they had been married since august. Needless to say Melissa and their family are torn apart.
I started and I'm here to finish this project. Mike gave me the opportunity to start this and i really enjoy doing it. Once complete i am going to auction the suit. (any good ideas on how best to do this appreciated.) And i am going to donate the winning bidders money to Mike's family.
Even if the suit turns out shoddy, which i will do my utmost to make sure it doesnt, and should it only sell for $100 then at least its better than nothing.
I will update sometime with the new photos from this point in the next couple of days. keep a look out i hope you will enjoy it.
Anything anyone wants to ask about this please do, i really look forward to any questions or ideas about the whole thing.
Thanks...

First off, I think this is a great thing your doing and you get the up most respect from me and probably from the entire lair to see this thru and then donate the monies received is incredible. I would say your best bet would to probably place it on ebay...the reason I say this is because if you belong to any other forums or if anyone on the lair belongs to other forums they can give it publicity to try and get the most you can for it.

Someone mentioned the idea of having someone wear the suit to SDCC, or perhaps one of the other conventions, as a way to pay tribute to Mike. I believe he was from Madison, Wisconsin, and I know they have at least one general-interest SF convention there.

Would you still be interested in this? Or would you rather build the suit and then auction it off straight away?

Okay, sorry about the delays on this...

My Laptop is killing me at the mo plus ive got alot of work on so not much free time...
hope you guys like this. The head is a photo from yesterday that ive finally managed to get off my crappy camera..
The whole skin will have similiar detailing to the head, the armour is going to be berserker(ish) with a little influence of P1 in there too.
I'm also working on Biofreaks Mask competition winner which i will start a new topic on as soon as i can get access to the pics..

sam0154.jpg.png

...it looks better with the teeth and mandibles, will try and get some pics up of that when i get my tech sorted.

been trying different textures inside the recesses in the head, its now a kinda freddy krueger burnt skin/ Gieger alien jaw type of texture.
again, pics soooonnnn! :D
Any comments welcome.

i have to say i like it alot..

but if can be critical for a moment.. the inner mouth looks a tad small compared to the rest of the head.. ..otherwise mate loving it

i have to say i like it alot..

but if can be critical for a moment.. the inner mouth looks a tad small compared to the rest of the head.. ..otherwise mate loving it

I think its the angle, its hard to see how much the mandibles are actually protruding. But thanks you're right it does a bit small in the pic, i might beef it out a little, thanks Tuath.

looking rad budy!ide have to say the praportions look great.i mean if it was a P1 or something we are familiar with it would be off but its a custom build and it looks excactly like it should!

do you have a color scheme in mind for this bad boy?

looking rad budy!ide have to say the praportions look great.i mean if it was a P1 or something we are familiar with it would be off but its a custom build and it looks excactly like it should!

do you have a color scheme in mind for this bad boy?

im open to suggestions on the colour scheme, it'll will be kept to pastel tones though, no loud colours i think.

Just an idea, but as this is a suit for a cause, in memory. I'd like to donate a Red Ribbon (Heart Disease Awareness) made in chainmail to be added to the trophies somewhere, if you think it wouldn't be in appropriate to the rest of the build?

Just an idea, but as this is a suit for a cause, in memory. I'd like to donate a Red Ribbon (Heart Disease Awareness) made in chainmail to be added to the trophies somewhere, if you think it wouldn't be in appropriate to the rest of the build?

Yeah sure, thats a real nice idea. in fact, if its pary of the suit, post a pic up.

Very honorable gesture with what you are doing. Even though I did not know Michael Joseph Brady, it's never good to hear about someone's passing. I'm sure as is everyone else your work will be excellent, all the best in your mission.

Mask looking really good.

You know you have the full support of the Lair bro. It's a really great thing to be thinking of his wife and family. :)

hi, sorry for the fallen predator.... may he rest in peace...

nice to on with this suit mate. any updates?

Hey brad, just PM'd you, thanks for the comments. Its hit a wall with funding at the minute, spending alot on university work. Start a job at the end of April though so will have plenty of money then to crack on with it and get it done and wearable for SDCC 2011.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back