Custom NECA Classic Predator

deepincision

Hey everyone. I've been lurking around the board for a while now, drooling on my keyboard over all the awesome figures, costumes and various Predator bits on this forum.

Here are a few pics of my custom Classic Predator, hacked together using:

-A NECA Classic Predator for the head and neck, forearms, hands, shins, feet and equipment
-A Marvel Legends Blackheart for the body, biceps, thighs elbow and knee joints
-An NECA Wolf Predator for the equipment bandoleer, wrist blade and the belt
-A fabric mesh glove for the body net

It was a leap of faith when I chopped up the NECA Predator: I was constantly worrying whether it would work or not, and whether I had just wasted a beautiful Predator fig. I used green stuff (official name) from Games Workshop to fill out Blackheart's too-thin waist and belly to more closely resemble the NECA's flab. I also used 1cm lengths of brass rod to reinforce the joins between the Blackheart and NECA limbs and glued them using araldite. I hand painted the entire figure and improvised the glossy finish using PVA glue. I used sections from a fabric mesh women's glove to wrap around the body, sewing it tight. I used the four fingers of the glove for the Pred's limbs, then added the equipment and armour (painted separately) on top of that.
The Wolf's belt nicely covers up the crotch which isn't netted. Also, during construction the original Classic's wrist blade broke so I used the Wolf's wrist blade as a replacement.

Credit goes to encline_designs's Predator (http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=19249) for the inspiration behind the paint scheme, and to the figure bashers on figurerealm.com for the idea to use Blackheart.

I know it's not entirely accurate, especially the thigh guards which are in fact backwards. Let this be a lesson to you all! Look at your reference pictures carefully before you squeeze the glue out of the tube!

View from the front
1.jpg

Around the back and sides
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Posed a little more aggressively
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

His beautiful face up close
8.jpg

rawr.
9.jpg

It's awesome what you did with this! It's a lot better than the original neca P1. Since I don't know if neca is releasing a P2, I would love to see this done to a Mcfarlane P2 (its original body sucked)

Marvelous job :D

one of the best customs i've ever seen, if not the best.

frikking ingenious paintup, i'd never say you've taken a marvel body if i didn't know. the glove for the body net works pefectly.

well, anyway, im amazed.

Oh snap, that's really well put together. I thought that was the stock body you used until I skimmed the write up, most excellent.

Thanks guys for your kind comments. I'm really proud of it and pleased at how it turned out.

Hopefully NECA will release P2 and a bunch of those Lost Predators... I'd love to have an entire clan of super-posable preds in my display cabinet!

Thanks guys for your kind comments. I'm really proud of it and pleased at how it turned out.

Hopefully NECA will release P2 and a bunch of those Lost Predators... I'd love to have an entire clan of super-posable preds in my display cabinet!
motion secondededed.

This is Nice work Neca got good sculpt but articulations is always limited. It seems you have solve that issue. Good Job :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back