Custom Neca 18" Predator Conversion To The "elder Greyback" **update 9/20 Finished Pictures Pg 7**

adegregorio

Ok, here we go!

I'm going to attempt to convert the NECA 18" Predator into the Elder "Greyback" from P2 with a little help from my buddy Joe.

There will be some sculpting as well as some customizing, hand fabricated and modifications done to the piece.

When I'm done, it will be raw with sculpted parts and accesories that will be ready to be primed up for painting.

Then I'm shipping it off to Joe Dunaway for a wicked paintjob on the Predator as well as all the accesories. This is when it will start looking like the Greyback.

When Joe's finished with it, It will come back to me for final assembly.

Now it won't be exactly movie accurate in some areas of the customizing (I know there are some fanatics here), but I will surely try my best.

49c9dd88881ba7219593eb9ee1834fb9_image_364x550.jpg
elderscreenshot1.jpg

So I started with the Flintlock pistol. I acquired one of these at my Comic shop. It's from the 18" Jack Sparrow figure. I remove all the parts that I don't need.

I shorten the bottom barrel. I cut the handle of the gun down and sculpt & smooth a small half circle to the end of the handle.

I sculpt in part of the hammer, pan and a frizzen on the flintlock using a part from Jack Sparrows gun. I also add that signature gold ring to the top.

I sculpt the plate which Raphael Adolini's signature is written and add some straps on the middle and end of the barrels.

IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

More to come so please stay tuned..... :)

I threw the left hand into the microwave for a few minutes to soften up the rubber. Then I bend the fingers to the closed position.

I then immerse it in ice cold water to shock it. Then I tied some rubber bands around it to keep it's shape.

IMG_0416.jpg

With the hand in the position I want, I set the bone in it. I found these bones at Micheal's craft store last Halloween. It's a perfect fit!

IMG_0420-1.jpg

Looking at reference pics, I freehand the Predators blade on a piece of very thin wood. Then I use my dremel and cut out the shape. Cut the bone in half and make a slit for the blade too fit in.

IMG_0571.jpg

The closed right fist will be modified to an open fist so the Elder can hold his necklace in his hand.

I just cut the hand apart and then cut the fingers and make them straight. I use a pin to add some strength.

Then I use some AVES putty and sculpt in parts of the fingers as well as the silver knuckle guards. No need to sculpt in the palm, you won't see it.

IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Now on too the left hand that holds the sword. I sculpt in more of the silver knuckles guards to match the right hand.

I widen the glove area a little more and sculpt in the rest of the hand.

I also did the other right hand while I was at it...just in case I wanted to switch out the hands.

IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg
IMG_0465.jpg

Ok, well here some belt details. I had to really think about how I wanted to do this, seeing as the legs move and pivot around the waist area.

The snake belt was rather easy, I just sculpted over the original belt. I used a small mesh onion bag to get the snake pattern.

While the putty is still wet, I lay the onion bag over the belt and push down. Can't push too hard or my fingerprints will show up.

I also sculpted in a loin cloth over the original one it came with.

IMG_0433.jpg
IMG_0589.jpg

The lower belt which hold the flintlock as well as the swords sheath was a bit more tricky.

Because the legs move and twist right next to the front loin cloth, I had to sculpt the belt higher on the sides and lower in the front running the putty line right next to the break in the leg.
I also need to take the legs off on that part to add the netting later so I opted to go this route.

You can see the tiny break line in the little v-shaped belt that holds the swords sheath. I hate break lines but this one needs to be there.

I had some extra putty left over so I beefed up his side pouch a bit. I also added little round hooks for the strap later on.

IMG_0604.jpg
IMG_0594.jpg

Well it's starting to come together...more to come, and thanks for lookin....

IMG_0597.jpg

Hmm, very interesting.

I really like how you are giving us a step by step "tutorial" on how you are doing this custom. With J.D. doing the paint app... I have a feeling this will be a really, REALLY cool custom.

Can't wait to see more.

Thanks guys, it's looking pretty cool so far. Ok, more updates.....

On to the right arm. I want the arm in the bended position so the Elder is holding his necklace.

I had to trim some of the inner side of the arm for clearance for the gauntlet.

Then I seperate the arm in 2 positions and glue the top of the male part of the forearms rod and push it in the female opening just enough for the glue to hold.

IMG_0478.jpg

Using my AVES putty, I jam it into the open space and smooth it out a bit.

IMG_0502.jpg
IMG_0503.jpg

Then I sculpt in the predators skin using various sculpting tools making sure it matchs all the skins lines.

IMG_0505.jpg

I had no idea the Right side gauntlet was from the P2 Predator until someone here pointed it out to me (thank you). So I dive into my stash of Predator kits/parts to find a P2 gauntlet.

Luckily I had a 1/5 size P2 gauntlet and made a casting from it. Looks good to me!

IMG_0586.jpg

Thanks for looking, now onto the sheath... :p

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back