Custom Musashi Shogun Samurai

Masamune888

"The Yautja have hunted on Earth for a very long time, even before the dawn of man. They longed to hunt some of Earth's greatest warriors and most ferocious creatures. During the Senguko Period, a single predator would hunt and stalk the battlefields of Feudal Japan. Other samurais called the creature the "Oni of Fire" since the predator would arrive during the hottest months of the year and would smite his enemies with his plasma caster. But one samurai who fought with two katanas cut his opponents down like no other. His name was Miyamoto Musashi, the greatest samurai of all time. The predator stalks Musashi for months observing and mimicking his fighting style. Finally the predator decides not to ambush Musashi, but instead reveal himself and challenge Musashi using katanas. In the fierce duel, both warriors are injured and Musashi barely escapes with his life."

Okay story time is over. lol :D

This is my first predator custom figure. Comments, questions and suggestions welcome!

DSC01986.JPG

DSC01980.JPG

DSC01985.JPG

DSC01992.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking figure and background story!!

So can I assume that it was this same Predator that caused Yagyu Jubei to lose his eye? It is not documented as to the reason why this legendary swordsman lost an eye, so I am going to assume so. :)
I think he might have his hands full if he ever ran into Uesugi Kenshin. ...or your namesake Date Masamune. Just my .02

Again, great job!!

Just the story itself makes me want to get my learn on with the samurai history.

Killer work! What parts did you use on this? Any sculpted pieces?

hey that's a nice work. every single part fits right like a real samurai pred. and the base is the newest shaman. nicely done :)
that looks good with Sorrow's Bloodshed samurai custom

Great looking figure and background story!!

So can I assume that it was this same Predator that caused Yagyu Jubei to lose his eye? It is not documented as to the reason why this legendary swordsman lost an eye, so I am going to assume so. :)
I think he might have his hands full if he ever ran into Uesugi Kenshin. ...or your namesake Date Masamune. Just my .02

Again, great job!!

Yeah, lol thanks.

Just the story itself makes me want to get my learn on with the samurai history.

Killer work! What parts did you use on this? Any sculpted pieces?

Everything you see here is handsculpted. lol hahahaa jk. Like botman said the base figure is Shaman pred and I used a ton of samurai equipment from Mcfarlanes's Dark Ages (i think) Samurai series. I think they were from Jackal Samurai Assassin and Scorpion Assassin figures though I'm not 100% sure. I haven't sculpted any pieces on him since this was just my first pred custom, but I'll be sure to do so later on and on my next customs.

***** ******! o_O

This is amazing!!!

It's funny, because i bought this Scorpion Assassin some time ago just to take his armor to make a pred custom too :cool:
I dont have time to make one right now, but my vacations are coming \o/

I also bought other McFarlane figures (Zeus, Tyr, Samurai Spawn and BloodAxe) to make customs preds :p

They are perfet to make customs, because their armor are all separated pieces.

oficina.jpg

Great job, my friend!

***** ******! o_O

This is amazing!!!

It's funny, because i bought this Scorpion Assassin some time ago just to take his armor to make a pred custom too :cool:
I dont have time to make one right now, but my vacations are coming \o/

I also bought other McFarlane figures (Zeus, Tyr, Samurai Spawn and BloodAxe) to make customs preds :p

They are perfet to make customs, because their armor are all separated pieces.

oficina.jpg

Great job, my friend!

Thanks. Yeah, McFarlane figures are great to use for customizing. I'll probably make an armored medieval pred or a giant axe wielding barbarian pred next time. I'm working on the samurai pred's plasmacaster right now though.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back