Custom Klingon K'Tinga Battle Cruiser

whb64

Not sure how everything feels about kitbashing....

I started working on the 350 scale Klingon K'Tinga battlecruiser. I'm doing paint mix tests now and decided to use an old scrap kit 537 scale K'Tinga to test the paints on. It was missing a lot of parts, and well one thing led to another and I ended up grabbing an old BOP kit I have and kit bashed the two together! I have to do a little more putty work but I think the two booms I mated and front BOP section look pretty good, almost like it was supposed to be this way
smiley.gif

Don't mind my messy workshop/office, I am rearranging everything, but here she is with a base coat of Titanium on it. I think if Kirk saw something like this he'd say the same thing Picard said about the Scimitar- "She's a predator".

I'll be doing the colors in custom mixed green/gray shades by mixing shades of green with Testors Metalizer Titanium and Stainless for a metalic green look that also still has that classic gray on screen look under darker lighting. For this 'scrap test build' I am 3D printing additional weapons and parts. This started as scrap but I like it and decided to build it up. It won't be lit, but I like it so much I'll be doing another build and adding lights and sound to that one. But before I do that I'll of course be doing the 350 scale K'Tinga first :)

VeJXNzY.jpg
64Zm1qs.jpg

That's an interesting mashup and i really like the way it works.
I'm kind of surprised that we never saw any of these kitbashed on the shows.

Yeah it did go together like it was supposed to be this way. I had to do a little cutting here and there but I was surprised how well things lined up and fit together. And to think I was viewing this as just a test for paints and a throwaway!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back