Custom Hot Toys Predator 1 with Berserker body

Lifty

Hi guys
I haven't introduced myself properly when I posted for a first time, apologies. I am not a collector, just a huge fan of the original predator. I've decided to buy Hot Toys Predator 1 as it was the only decent 1:6 scale P1 these days IMO. At the same time I knew even before buying that he will need a lot of modding. Possibilities however were kind of limited as it is to skinny and the head is .. not good. It is still one great figure tho, just doesn't look like in the movie. Things have changed when the Berserker with the whole new body came out, and- voila!
Bodyframe from Berserker, all the rest with minor changes are from HT P1. New skin texture and paint. The head is my own baby- I've used SuperSculpey Firm and ProCreate Putty. It is WIP. The eyes will be tweaked, bodynet is on its way and closed mandibles also. There will be quills; shoulder cannon will be removable (don't know how but it will)
Enjoy, criticism welcome!

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

Hiya Lifty,
Wow man! You did a hell of a phenomenal job on him!!!! He’s definitely a dead ringer to for the film P1 predator. very accurate work there...if you ever decide you want to part with him promise to let me know first.
~Estelle

Just realized its wrong section for this post, to the mods: could it be moved?
Hiya Lifty,
Wow man! You did a hell of a phenomenal job on him!!!! He’s definitely a dead ringer to for the film P1 predator. very accurate work there...if you ever decide you want to part with him promise to let me know first.
~Estelle
Thank you Estelle, if it ever happens you are first on the list:->

WHY ARE YOU NOT SCULPTING GARAGE KITS?!??!?!
I think one needs to have some cosmic talent like Mr Narin or many others who kindly share with their work on this site to do this for a living. Its great fun to do it as a hobby but man Im telling you -its time consuming as hell! Hats from heads for all who create such figures from scrach - it is huge amount of work to do. Because of real life thigs it took me over three months to bring it to this stage and there is still far away from final... And, apart from the head, its just customizing!

I will have to say that is a huge improvement from the original and I don't even have the balls to mod a HT figure just mainly because of the price point IMO.

did you mod the original head or make from scratch, because it is a GREAT job, I also make my own pred heads but this is awesome bud.......great work on the figure, did you do all the paintwork yourself?, I agree that this is time consuming work, I am at it all day sometimes, (modelling that is, lol), very brave to mod hot toys figs, as they are pricey,..... keep up the good work

did you mod the original head or make from scratch, because it is a GREAT job, I also make my own pred heads but this is awesome bud.......great work on the figure, did you do all the paintwork yourself?, I agree that this is time consuming work, I am at it all day sometimes, (modelling that is, lol), very brave to mod hot toys figs, as they are pricey,..... keep up the good work
Thanks! I did the head from scratch, because the original one was to small and modding was pointless. Yes I saw some work of yours and its great (the rescue team!) I just focused on the beast , the goal is to make it as much movie accurate as possible- bit naive but, what the hell, this guy is worth it.

IMG_1546a.jpg

Thanks! I did the head from scratch, because the original one was to small and modding was pointless. Yes I saw some work of yours and its great (the rescue team!) I just focused on the beast , the goal is to make it as much movie accurate as possible- bit naive but, what the hell, this guy is worth it.
yep sure is,,,,, top notch job matey. if ya make a head to sell, let me know...... :)

Thats unreal. The closed mouth head pic you posted is just stunning. You really should be sculpting garage kits, or 1:1 scale. You're talented my friend...

seriously dude, i am so jealous all i have is the HT version head for my P1. would totally love a copy of yours if you'd make one.... or two.... *hint hint* :)

awesome job on the custom all together bud!

I'll finish him up first and, if you still interested, I'll think through how to mold and cast and you'll have it.
the head would be pretty easy to do, minus the dreads of course, the manibles are something else, lol, but you can do it bud, I have complete faith in you, maybe we could strike a deal with some items I have made, wink.......great work on the closed mouth version too......

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back