custom head sculpt

theBrave

Decided to start sculpting my chomeleon pred today. took about 45 min to get the rough shape shown in the pics
let me know what you think

CHEMELEON.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

Ill start some more once i get out of class at 4:45

i really like the concept drawing, and it looks like you're off to a good start. one question though: is chameleon not to have the usual quills on his face in favor of the knobs on his brow?

i really like the concept drawing, and it looks like you're off to a good start. one question though: is chameleon not to have the usual quills on his face in favor of the knobs on his brow?

the name comes mainly from the bio i designed for him. pics in the concept art thread. but i used chameleon pictures for reference and i took the idea of using scales on his face, so yeah ha. thanks by the way

last pics of the day. roughed out the head a bit more any suggestions from experienced sculpters is welcomed.
the eyebrows are killing me. haha

DSCF0038.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

Foremost, I would recommend waiting on the brow bumps until you have the browline better defined. Personally, I think the outside end of each needs to curve back down and fade into the head. Currently, it looks like a Vulcan to me. Other than that, I'm digging how the blocking out is coming along...

yeah i agree. thats my least favorite place to sculpt. i have trouble trying to get the eyes to not look too sunken in. how is the size of the head looking.

well it's ok to sink em in some. the preds eyes do sit back kinda far. and yeah i'd hold off on any detail until all the shapes are down to where you want em.

no Doug is gone. Andy Hosmer is the main Entertainment Design teacher.

Damn they change things fast over there. Doug was a realy great teacher, it sucks hes gone now. I saw the tables in the background and i was like hey, i used to sculpt and spill mt dew on those tables and floor! lol

yeah things get pretty crazy since less and less students were coming in each quarter, but everyone has been doing a good job promoting the special effects department. I think an advertisement will be coming out in a issue of Fangoria pretty soon. And we are doing our own Face Off competition.

a little update. I cleaned up all the bumps and i still noticed something was wrong. The mouth was way off so i moved it up and at an angle. It looks like a huge improvement in my opinion. I started placing the teeth where i want them and where they would fit with the mouth closed.Ill take them out when i need to start the inside of the mouth. Still not sure if the "muzzle" mouth area is sticking to far out or not. I'm using Steve Wang's wolf sculpt for reference for the mouth, so im trying to get as close to that as possible if it was closed. any help would be appreciated. keep in mind that my life cast is looking up and that when worn the mask would be angled down a bit.

DSCN0035.jpg

i closed the mouth more
DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

Not sure how i want the back of the head to like. i feel like its to small but it seems big at the same time.Idk?

more updates. the teeth and bumps are oil based clay and are for the sake of holding the sockets where the should be. I followed up on my scale idea around the lips , but im not too crazy about it. i might carve it in or just save it for paint.

IMG00101-20110303-2000.jpg

IMG00102-20110303-2000.jpg

IMG00105-20110303-2034.jpg

IMG00106-20110303-2034.jpg

IMG00107-20110303-2035.jpg

IMG00108-20110303-2035.jpg

IMG00109-20110303-2036.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back