Custom functional Sonic Screwdriver tutorial

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Honus

Sr Member
I just finished making this custom Sonic Screwdriver for my son Sam. He's super into electronics and making things and we had a ton of fun making this together. He's a happy little Time Lord!

There's a complete build tutorial here- http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-functional-Sonic-Screwdriver/

SamScrewdriver2_zps5p5mcuy6.jpg

SamScrewdriver3_zpsapctdm0h.jpg

SamScrewdriver1_zpsc961cesy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Angelus Lupus

Sr Member
That would make an excellent alternative 8th Doctor Sonic.Nice mix of the brass and wood, with a hint of 9th Doctor feel but it somehow turned out way better than other 'steampunk-ish'/hybrid sonics I've seen.
Lucky son!

Honus

Sr Member
Thanks- glad you like it! I definitely wanted it to have a sort of Victorian look to it but I didn't want to over do it.

Doctorwho5

That is a really neat and unique sonic screwdriver. Very much like the old Doctor Who versions of the sonic with that of the 10th Doctor. Looks really great!!!