Custom Flash Build

STARL0RD

Seeing as Flash was always my childhood hero, I have decided to start this build. I will probably need to get some advise on how to do the mask

-STARL0RD

Last edited:
Re: CW Flash Build

I've seen some pretty decent versions of Capt. America's mask (from the films) that were done from pepakura files. Maybe take that approach, use foam if possible, and once you have the outer shape attach a layer of fabric to the outer surface? Could give it a formed/sculpted leather look. Just a suggestion off the top of my head, there.

EDIT: Since the mask seems to be more of a cowl and attached to the rest of the costume, perhaps incorporate a similar approach to the use of a faceshell in a Spidey costume? Like, the "shell" for the Flash mask would still have the fabric covering it, but that fabric attaches loosely around the back of the head/neck area?

The Rocketeer has a great flash cowl in the Classified "Project Run" section. I have one myself and it is really nice.

Good luck on the built.

Thank You both...I think I will first take a look into The Rocketeer's cowl and if that doesn't work out I will try the face shell and fabric idea......Thanks again!
-STARL0RD

So after doing some research I cannot afford to buy the mask so I have decided after seeing Keelan562 I created a face shell template that may work...If anyone wants to use this go ahead with this waring I have not tested this yet however anyone may use this face shell template
CW Flash mask template.png

Thanks! I think I may start on the face shell tonight I will post pictures when I finish it....Thanks again!
-STARL0RD

After looking at my face shell design i'm not so sure that it will work...so if anyone has any templates or building suggestion I would absolutely love to hear them
-STARL0RD

Yeah I considered that as well and that is probably what I am going to do...So I think I am going to pick up some craft foam and add a leather like material that I will also use for the leathery pieces of the rest of the outfit.....thank you Jamie Ridder
-STARL0RD

You're welcome Starlord! hope this project is coming along for you. I used the Capt. America file for the basic shape for my wife's Catwoman cowl. Turned out amazing! I might start on the flash one now. Ill share whatever I come across with it.

Thank You Jamie Ridder, and to answer your question Archer21 I have started on it and I am planning on finishing the "face shell" tonight and hopefully apply craft foam. I will post pictures of my progress! Thanks to everyone for the support!
-STARL0RD

I'll be modding a Capitan America pep helmet. I was wondering how yours came out. Best of luck and I'll be looking forward to your progress.

Sorry for the delay on this project, my grandfather passed away recently but I am starting back on this project asap, However I have decided to change this build into a custom build, I have found a suitable template for the mask and I am currently working on that

So I finally found the template for the mask...I am modding a Batman cowl and for now I am doing the cw outfit and then I will add custom pieces

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Tapatalk 2

Ive seen one by RAWCUSTOMS on youtube. he made it using a captain america temple. I think he did it from foam. it turned out nicely too.

Ive seen one by RAWCUSTOMS on youtube. he made it using a captain america temple. I think he did it from foam. it turned out nicely too.
Yeah i've seen many good builds done that way however I have successfully created the rough start of my mask using a jim lee batman mask template
SSPX01881.jpgSSPX01891.jpg
tell me what you think

Starlord that looks amazing I am now going to try this on my reverse flash mask for a movie my friend and I are making.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back