Custom Fallout style PS3 control

sharpworks

Not exactly a prop but used a lot of the same building processes to construct it.
Had a spare ps3 control laying about a little while ago, and seeing as i play fallout a lot, I thought I'd customise one of my controls just for the hell of it.

Dismantled the control, gave it a light sand with some fine grit sandpaper, built a rough shape using cardboard to fill with bondo, then used a dremel to sand the handgrip additions to the final shape. Sprayed primer onto it, then several coats of silver. Made a simple stencil out of masking tape to paint the hazard tape down each side. Then lots of dabbing and smudging with a couple acrylic paints to make the rust and dirt effect. Scratched through the layers of paint to add the scrapes and scratches. The metal plating repair piece was just a bid of thick card glued in place. Buttons were decals I got off ebay, Vault-Boy, Nuka-Cola logo, rad gauge and Vault-Tec logo were just printed off my computer and glued on. Then sealed it all with clear spray paint.
...............end product?............I like it!

Son of a *****. I just saw those bullet kits online. I did mine on an original xbox controller back when I was going to Halo lan parties. I guess I should of tried to sell em.

only pictures i have of it being made, tho i am currently doing an xbox one in a similar fashion as well as a saints row style ps3 control at the moment, so i'll put together a tutorial as i go

tempting with the bottle caps, had thought of using nuka cola but wasn't sure how grippy the thumbsticks would be afterwards, unles i used some kind of textured clear coat over the top

I keep thinking about this and those bottle caps. Try a matte finish on the caps. It will give them a slightly worn look and increase the friction for your thumbs. It may need the occasional touch up.

This looks very intriguing! I tip my hat off to you sir, I plan to do something similar, Only Nuka-cola based. Still, this innovation is simply smashing.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back