Custom EFX XWING base

BrundelFly

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
In between letting the bondo dry on a really big project....

I'm finally finished the Xwing base for my nephew.

What do ya think?

basefr.jpg

Yeah, nice! Good shade variations.

Thanks Brother Scott.

Don't laugh...

I tried to paint it so it looked like FOAM.

Pure grey of any shade...just didnt look right.

So I did flat black, then misted with a primer I liked. I purposely painted each one separately, so there were inconsistencies.

Oh..I discovered WHY they made them out of foam. Besides cost of course..
WEIGHT!! 24 of things weigh 3 lbs. The base has 58 on it.

Are those tiles are to scale with the eFx ship or are they just too cool to worry about? I know nothing about Deathstar tiles so I do not know if there is a particular scale tile I should look for or even if there is a correct pattern to the layout of the different tiles.

Frank is a fantastic mold maker and caster. But that's nothing compared to his painting skills.

This has both. Saw it last week.

Best ever.

Are those tiles are to scale with the eFx ship or are they just too cool to worry about? I know nothing about Deathstar tiles so I do not know if there is a particular scale tile I should look for or even if there is a correct pattern to the layout of the different tiles.

Basically..same scale as the ICONS base.

Im guess ing they are a little SMALL for as close as the ship, is, but Think FORCED PERSPECTIVE.

;-)

Thanks Mike!

Yes, they are glued down. anyone need the acrylic and metal? heheh With some WOOD and a SWITCH, PIPE, and wire, you could make that base as it was sold!

So simple, yet great results. Cool!

Hey Frank, can I apply to be your nephew too?! :lol

It's good to see you making something besides kits, and the work looks really good! I haven't really seen your build work much til this x-wing stuff.

Thanks Brother Scott.

Don't laugh...

I tried to paint it so it looked like FOAM.

Pure grey of any shade...just didnt look right.

So I did flat black, then misted with a primer I liked. I purposely painted each one separately, so there were inconsistencies.

Oh..I discovered WHY they made them out of foam. Besides cost of course..
WEIGHT!! 24 of things weigh 3 lbs. The base has 58 on it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back