Custom Celtic

hez1

Thought I'd share this...I'm sure the person it's being made for won't mind (if you do I'll take the pics down!).

Was asked to do a custom take on a Celtic, battle torn elder style of bio. Talked it over for ideas, and then got to work:

First - Add a crapload of damage.
IMG_3305.jpg.gif

Second - metal coating. Mmm, do I love metal coatings. Then patinas. Leave for 24 hours.
IMG_3336.jpg.gif

Third - highlight lightly with silver rub, since the iron coating itself is almost black.
IMG_3338.jpg.gif

Next I will let the silver rub dry, and then probably add a little more of the iron coating/patina, it hasn't taken quite as well as I'd like on the dome.

that looks absolutely ridiculous! Your celtics are one of the best sculpts i've ever seen for him. that paintless coloring has got to be one of most original means of finishing i've heard of.

Thanks guys. Here's a couple more. Still some fine detail to be taken care of though, plus the copper accents. Sorry for the blurriness.

IMG_3340.jpg.gif

IMG_3341.jpg.gif

Why as soon as i seen that bio i pictured them searching through the remains of the Titanic and finding that? AVP prequel! Ancient Celtic fired the shot that sank it!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back