Custom armor help

armorenthusiast

I have an ambitious project for 2017. I built essentially three mandolorian costumes for me, my friend, and my sister last year (with help from them). This year I want to build a fully custom suit of armor for myself. Whereas last years armor were built out of EVA foam, this year I will be using sintra and other higher quality materials. I have a major problem in my way and that is why I am posting this. I can not think of a completed design! There are so many cool options to choose from! I will tell you what my ideas and inspirations are and hopefully you can help me with this. I am not an exceptional drawer either.

My character is supposed to be in the days of the old republic in star wars. He is a mercenary/ vigilante style character. He eventually joins what is basically a death squad.

Anyway, on to the ideas.

I want to have shin or maybe shnee (shin+ knee) armor.

Interchangeable vambraces. (stealth, infiltration, combat, survival...) I want to have batman style hooks on the combat vambraces.

An iron man type helmet (face plate can be retractable). I want the helmet to have a visor and not two eye holes. Maybe have a hood over the helmet? I do love how kylo ren looked with the hood over his helmet.

If I decide against a helmet, I will most likely use a hood with a winter soldier style face mask.

Assassins creed style trench coat as an undergarment?

armored gloves or armored half gloves

I do like the batman chest armor. I would probably scale it down so that it is not so outlandishly muscular. I also don't know how well I could move around in it.

I think I will go with samurai plates for my back armor so that I can move fairly easily.

I have no idea what I want for my ab armor or cod piece.

I am undecided if I will have bicep armor.

I will have some sort of shoulder armor. Maybe two pieces of mandolorian shoulder armor overlapping on each shoulder.

That is about as far as I got with my plans. My main goals are Realism+functionality and mobility. Mobility is a very big deal for me. I want to be able to run without problems, move my arms freely as much as possible, and be able to bend over.

Well, that is blenderified armor that involve ideas from star wars, batman, assassins creed, marvel, and other dc armor plans! Maybe I should add LOTR style armor to that. (Oh dear.....)

If some of my ideas contradict other ideas or are unreasonable, tell me. It will help me very much. If I come up with any new ideas, I will post them.

I always wished I could have a set of Mandalorean Hunter armor from The Old Republic game. It just looks so cool!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back