Custom armor for my pred. + Neck rings I'm designing...

ONE END

In the very near future I will be sculpting these and then molding and casting them as well.
What do you think?
The very top one is a mock of "wolf" collar.
The bottom one is going to be my personal collar, armor to match coming soon. My pred is going to not have a cannon I may have wrist blades but I'm about 80% sure I dont want those either, so My weapons will consist of a Spear, a BIG knife & I may come up with another weapon... Still designing.

neckrings001.jpg.gif

neckrings001.jpg.gif

OneEnd

That armor definitely looks pre-tech, has a Narin-esque look to it :rolleyes:

Hmmm, what weapon besides the spear and large knife....maybe have the knife on the right shinguard and a sword on a baldric to the left?

---
Ei'luj

Was def thinking about the shin knife.

I was also thinking of connecting a perma fixed "non extending" wrist blade to the gauntlet... just have to finish with my drawings and then I will post them, and see what everyone thinks.

Go on ONE END,
Smart move to make 1 shoulder armored and the other not. Remindes me of gladiatorarmor.
I have seen seen some realy good looking armor.
Just don't forget to make it look a little bit rougher than the smooth armor of gladiators.

Maybe a smart thing when you want to make this from plastic is using a good mix from rigid and more flexable plastic, because it will feel diffecult to move in armor.

:rolleyes:

P.M. you got a PM ONE END

Go on ONE END,
Smart move to make 1 shoulder armored and the other not. Remindes me of gladiatorarmor.
I have seen seen some realy good looking armor.
Just don't forget to make it look a little bit rougher than the smooth armor of gladiators.

Maybe a smart thing when you want to make this from plastic is using a good mix from rigid and more flexable plastic, because it will feel diffecult to move in armor.

:rolleyes:

P.M. you got a PM ONE END

Got your PM Thanks!
Very good idea about the semi soft plastic! a little flexibility would be a good thing. I plan to make the armor a little more rough with the examples you showed and I've been looking at other armor in more detail so I've gotten a feel on where I should go with it, definitely more sharp layered panels "not so round" as I've got going on in the pic.

Thanks for the advice!

sweet looking armor, looks good to me in all aspects,great sketches, and cant wait to see the finished product.

Very nice, I think I'd move the arm blades to the right armored arm, and a gold/bronze color scheme would look really good on this, are you going to make a bio to match? Something more ornamental than tech would be cool...

Very nice, I think I'd move the arm blades to the right armored arm, and a gold/bronze color scheme would look really good on this, are you going to make a bio to match? Something more ornamental than tech would be cool...

"I drew it up and the blade on the right arm was way to bizzy but then again the blade was over sized... "
Going to work on it more this week was building my sons transformer costume all weekend thats posted in the non pred costume page...
anyway yes about the bio but again yes more ornamental then tech. haven't even attempted the bio yet don't have a clue where I'm going with it... =)

To be continued...

You are old.....

lol.....jk.

Beast is good.

I really like the wristblade. What are you going to do with the shoulder cannon? Will there be one?

....... I'm only 30..... My 18 year old girl friend doesn't think I'm old... But,
It would seem only old people can read the post correctly.... It reads "I wont have a cannon"
LOL! Not sure just yet where this armor is going... was playing with some Bio ideas just nothing I would deem worthy enough to post. So still working on it along with various other things so I will update soon.
=)

i like the direction your going. and it looks very good. A couple of points do spring to mind about the fixed wrist blade. think of functionality of the blade over the hand. will you be able to get full range of motion of your wrist/hand if you position the blade that far? how about having the fixed blade rear swept only? Just some thoughts.

i like the direction your going. and it looks very good. A couple of points do spring to mind about the fixed wrist blade. think of functionality of the blade over the hand. will you be able to get full range of motion of your wrist/hand if you position the blade that far? how about having the fixed blade rear swept only? Just some thoughts.

That is a good Idea! it looks way to "in the way" to be really functional.
will see how that looks and post a pic maybe tonight, I'm trying to build a Bio stand @ the moment so we'll see if I get around to drawing tonight.
Thanks for your input!
All of you.

That is some great looking armor design. I agree also that it has that NARIN look. Nothing wrong with that. I have no talent for armor. Some times I get lucky, most of the time I s??k. I do want to see more.

George

liking the bio i am

question: is the bottom a neck ring or an extension

looking beast (awsome) :D

Yeah.... Thats a neck ring.... I know I look at it and see the same thing but I drew it in pen so I couldn't erase anything.

This is going to be my "Dress up" armor.... "when I'm not hunting" I'm going to design Battle armor as well...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back