CTU keycards

EdgeofNowhere

These look pretty cool, and I have to admit, if there was a real-world application (ie: debit card or something), I'd probably have one. Is anyone making these? And would it be possible to use something like this as some form ofr debit/credit card?

forgive my ignorance if this has already been addressed.

Cool idea. I don't have experience with actual mag-stripe keys, but it seems to me if someone has a reader and a writer they could read the strip from one card and write it to another. For this to work you would have to mail (snail) your cred/deb card to the maker, have him transfer your data to the CTU card, then return them both to you.

That would turn a lot of people off to that aspect of this prop.

Jay

Coming from the banking perspective, I dont think your bank would like that at all.... duplicating account information onto an unoffical card attempting to be passed off as a debit card... very questionable.

Just my 2 cents

Bryan

BTW, I love that keycard and if anyone thinks of making one, I would purchase it.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back