CRY HAVOC!

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by J Scorn, Mar 14, 2012.

1. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

Hello,

so, in a previous thread ive started about british based events im now signing up to the 501st!

though im not happy with the armour ive already got, and i want to create something that my wife and myself can kinda have matching armours.

so im going for the 'new old republic HAVOC SQUAD' trooper armour. Im going for this due to the overall slim structure of the sections (both myself and the wife are slim build) and cos the armour is still kinda unique at the moment.

so here goes..

[​IMG]

2. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

thats som of the resin done tonight, with the weather getting better in the U.K i should soon be able to do all my fibreglassin outside.

good times!

3. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

so the shoulder is now resined up.. as it went i only had black resin til i got to the stores again.

4. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

the thing about this build that differs from film/t.v and other games is the small amount of referance pics that i can find. i want it to be accurate as much as possible at the same time theres alot of different versions of this armour.

5. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

bit more progress..............

6. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

7. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

as you can see from above pic, i got the under flap on the edge.

8. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

9. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

still needs more 'scuffin' up, so far ive done this with the hot iron. dont want to go too mad on it otherwise it wont match the battle damege look on all the sections of the armour, so i'l do all that at the end when i spray paint it.

10. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

not much to update yet.... had some time to pep' the bucket so far. should be done by the weekend ready to resin and fibreglass up! so far its been just a few hours here and there.

11. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

the only pics of referance ive had to go by so far its 5 mins of intro on the game.. so im hoping to get it as close as i can.

12. Dart

Dart Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice work so far. I like how you did your pauldron, but making the rest of the armour in that way might not get you the 501st clearance you're looking for. If you're interested, there's a dude on clonetroopers.net (goes by TALON) who's working on a Havok trooper kit. I think he's got about half of it done.

13. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

ah thanks, its the acceptance into the 501st that im after, cheers i will look him up - thanks for the info'.

14. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

one weeks progress.....

still abit bent in places, and got smore more bits to add before i resin it up.

15. 466

466 New Member

Looking good so far!

16. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

ive decided to go for this one.. i like adding lights to my builds.

17. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

18. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

outside is now resined, if the weather today stays good i'l be able to fibreglass the inside!!

19. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

20. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

i dont have meny shots to go by, hunting referance pics is half the battle!

21. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

inside is now fibreglassed, i dont use the fibre materials due to the amount of small turns and pieces used to cover all the inside, it would take too long arond the face detail. instead i use fibreglss paste- for me its works into the coners better and can get into thoe tiny gaps.... its alot of sanding tho.. looking forward to that!

22. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

ooops... i ran out of filler, will have to finish this on my next day off.

23. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

HOLY crud! You are one brave man. I will follow this thread with great interest, this looks like it´s going to be a stone cutter´s work to remove all those filler. I salute you, Sir, I salute you!

24. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

yeah, it will be fun trying to pull this one back! though there was alot of mini mistakes on the cheeks. though when ya get to a certain point ya gotta keep going lol.

25. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

spent the last few days sanding.... i always seem to be sanding...

26. cbp44189

cbp44189 New Member

Great build. I've been waiting for someone to take this on.

27. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

thanks, progress is slow at the mo due to bad weather here this week (i need to be outside cos of the fumes lol)

im looking for more people that have takled this HAVOK squad armour. if found one person, but their ideas have clashed with what im seeing on the screen- im looking for as many people as i can that have done this so i can decide the best way forward.

from the pics im looking at, ive noticed theres actually an under armour in black. if u look at the above pics around the knee area you can see black armour sections, also visable in the old republic promo vid u can see under aromer arounf the shoulders.

28. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

Due to the great british weather and the fact i have 4-5 projects on the go, this is how far ive got!

as soon as the sun comes out all my projects end up in the garden and its bondo and sand before the next big thunder cloud!!!
    ive removed alot of the bondo, but before i start on the tiny detail im gonna rebondo in places as im not happy with the difference on the 2 sides... apart of me is telling me it would be better to just start again!!

29. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

this is so far the best pic of the lid i can find, it shows the smooth front nose and how it differs from the pep files out there, on my lid, im prpbably going to cut away the round cheek sections and fix plastic round sections in to make it match better....

30. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

weather has been a $%^*&*$£££&***(* (*(%$%$£££"*( ()££. so im not happy i didnt get much progress done today on my day off.. as i dont have a great work space, all the resin/bondo needs to be done outside,

so ive done what i can indoors. today im tackling the hand armour...

31. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

the basics are done, just needs to be bondo'd and sanded to get all the gaps filled. as with all clone/stormer armour, i think its a real let down the gloves are never armoured- i really dont like the basic black gloves.

32. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

this is a good shot too, shame theres no more material other than 2 tailer clips to use, but then again i do like creating unique builds.

33. TC9948

TC9948 Active Member

Excelent job you are doing there!!! I am doing the same thing here(USA Nevada) I have the same Pep helmet model that you have and mine is only pepped out not resined or fiberglassed yet I still need to build the visor. I hope this helps
    [​IMG]
    I posted all my progress of the armor molds I am making on the rebel legion and the 501st main. I have actually finished the thighs and pelvis area as well as the belt buckle and all the attaching greeblies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

34. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

oh very good, and that top pic has helped me tons, i never spotted those 3 dots in the side circles. nice.

the top visor gave me some problems, i found the valleys were ment to be mountains in places and it throw one side out abit.

cheers and stay in touch, let me know how u get on.

35. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

so today, mapped out the areas to detail using TC9948 PICS (THANKS FOR THAT!) so far ive had to cut deeper into the sides to even it out, ive gone beyond the layer of paper and into the fibreglass in a vain bid to save it.

as it stands, im going to do everything i can to save this bucket, but im not going to put more money into it til ive either saved it or started again. But i am continuing with the rest of the armour.

36. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

weather turned again, back inside to do some sanding.

this feels like something is happening now, still in two minds about that bucket tho.....

37. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

today im researching the under armour for this build, this is where it gets tricky, as a few screen shots and 10 mins of footage isnt really enough.
    From wat i can make out, the black under armour is vey different from the clones and stormtroopers in the way that its more detailed and bulkier, with that in mind ive been looking at motorbike armour on the market. as an ex biker ive experiance in wear armour like this and know the material tends to be just breathable mess sections. going from the pics ive added, this is the closest i can find....

38. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

[​IMG]

something like this will go behind the white knee section.

39. TC9948

TC9948 Active Member

Got my helmet almost done, I still need to make the visor, I think I will make a wood mold of the visor once done and vacuform it. Here are a few pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

40. TC9948

TC9948 Active Member

I do appoligise, I do not mean to take over your thread. You created a great topic that I enjoy sharing in!!!
    Here are a few new pics I pulled the biceps, still need to final trim and sand. On the helmet I flattened out the lower cheek area as well as the bottom, the PEP was a bit round in that area. I also started the detail on the front cheeks, I dont usually post pics of the work in this condition (between stages) but havent had much chance to get more done last few days.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

41. Davence

Davence Guest

looking good so far!

42. TC9948

TC9948 Active Member

The helmet is 90% done I do have the applique and door for the back of the helmet, once it is finished I will show those details. I hope to have the visor laser cut from thin plastic and mold it up!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

43. Bishorzidi

Bishorzidi New Member

44. TC9948

TC9948 Active Member

Thanks for the extra ref pics, you can never have enough!

Here is the long awaited back mold. I have made several boxes for the upper back and had to settle on this one. Due to the overal shape and dimentions, I had to use just a bit of artistic liscense for it to fit the buck properly.
    [​IMG]
    I will be making the silicone mold for the helmet in a day or so I hope to have all of my armor assembled by this weekend and a helmet pulled. Once that is complete I will offer this kit in the forsale section.
    Thank You all for following this thread and giving me the encouragment to see this project through!!!! Now to sew the undersuit and the special abd part.

45. TC9948

TC9948 Active Member

Here are the freshly trimmed and sanded chest and back plates respectively!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

46. TC9948

TC9948 Active Member

Here is what I got done today, I still need to add bondo to the Thermal Detonator then make that mold. Will get on the mother mold tomorrow and hopefully have a slushed cast helmet for your viewing pleasure as well!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

47. Verbal21

Verbal21 Active Member

Can't wait to see this guy finished. It's coming along nicely

48. TC9948

TC9948 Active Member

Latest pieces completed!!!
    [​IMG]

49. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

doudt i will ever get to finish the build, so many projects on the go -this is kinda dead in the water lol

all other progress pics on my facebook page.