Cry Baby, Cry

shortimer52

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I been thinking about doing a Cry Baby from Firefly, donÂ’t have any place to put it but it would be cool to have. Since I canÂ’t get any screen shots can someone help me out?
It just looks like a 55gal drum to me with a few extras, but I canÂ’t make out the words on the drum. Looks like it says coffee under everything. Makes me wonder what size it is then. Is it a 55 gal drum or is it a high speed coffee can?

It's ben a while since I've watched that episode. I'll have to bust out the box set tonight and do some "research". However, I remember thinking that it was big too, 55-gallon-drum-ish.

If that is the correct size, I'm thinking a scale model (like a can of red beans, or think&chunky soup) would be a little more managable for workspace and display. However, don't let me talk you out of it. Go for the gusto.

I figure it has fuel and an engine in it, and a transponder, and some kind of computer for sending out the singals. Maybe even a "pulse beacon" ;)

So, 55 gallon drum sounds just about right. How about a scaled down version?

Njc----------------------------

I would have to see it again, but I always assumed it was a coffe can like the big ones Maxwell House and Folgers sell coffee grounds in. As far as we know, all it needs is a transmitter and receiver. Just drop it off far enough out that no gravity wells will pull it in.

Originally posted by Noeland@Jan 5 2006, 05:37 PM
I figure it has fuel and an engine in it, and a transponder, and some kind of computer for sending out the singals. Maybe even a "pulse beacon" ;)

So, 55 gallon drum sounds just about right. How about a scaled down version?

Njc----------------------------
[snapback]1151605[/snapback]​

Well see the ones on Serenity had stuff like that. But Firefly just kind of floated around. I'll tackel this when I get back from BNOC

Originally posted by blubeetle3@Jan 5 2006, 05:48 PM
Doesn't the Crybaby have the Blue Sun logo underneath the duct tape?
[snapback]1151618[/snapback]​

See but if you freeze the pic, it has the logo but there is something else under all that as well.

EDIT

YUP sure dose say coffee on there at the bottom on the first shot
and caffeine around the back side of it.
Guess it would be a coffee can. Unless the crew really like their coffee and buys in bulk.

Still can someone get some screen shots. PLEASE :love

Make your mother sigh...

pdvd048copy8gr.jpg

pdvd049copy5zi.jpg

pdvd050copy3py.jpg

pdvd051copy9qx.jpg

pdvd052copy1li.jpg

Me too until I watched that episode a few times and realized it's not that big. It's actually kind of a bad move on the 3d FX artist's part to not show the scale. One of the tricky parts about doing space stuff.

I'm in the process of making one, actually, to be a pencil holder for my desk. Is it me or are the chinese symbols absent from the Blue Sun logo?

Originally posted by defyitall@Jan 5 2006, 10:50 PM
Me too until I watched that episode a few times and realized it's not that big.  It's actually kind of a bad move on the 3d FX artist's part to not show the scale.  One of the tricky parts about doing space stuff.
[snapback]1151821[/snapback]​

I don't think it's that, I think it's been scaled properly. They just "zoomed in" tight to the can, so that way it filled up the frame. If they had shown it from far away in contrast with the moon/asteroid behind it, we wouldn't have been able to see it. I too thought it was as large as the transponders from Serenity until I watched the episode again, and realized that it was more so a coffee can than anything else.

Killer guys thanks..
It well be a few weeks before I can get this going. But I think ill go with the coffee can idea. Saves lots of room.lol

I also thought it was a 55 gal drum the first time I saw it. The second time, I saw "coffee" and went "ahhh."

Part of the problem is the dimentions are the same as a 55 gal drum, whereas here in the Earth that Was, coffee cans are fatter.

They probably had a 55 gal drum mesh already from other uses and just remapped it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back