Crossover movies

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I was watching Robocop today thinking how it could have easily been placed as a prequel to Terminator (I'm aware of the comics did this). From there I got to thinking about Aliens - Burke telling Bishop that Ash was one of the Hyperdyne series of "Artificial people" - making Ash a bit more untrustworthy than the Bishop line of robots. Alien is connected to Predator and I remember someone pointing out that Kurt Russell's Soldier is connected to Blade Runner (the battle Roy Batty mentions of the "War ships ablaze off Orion" - is listed as one of the fights Kurt fought in.

Trading Places is connected to Coming to America (funniest in joke ever).

Romy and Michelle actually live in the Tarantino universe where Pulp Fiction and Reservior Dogs took place!!! When they leave for their reunion there's a Red Apple cigarettes billboard in the back ground.

Anyone got any others - not the obvious, like the way Kevin Smith ties his movies together. I mean little known or in the know connections.

Last edited:
Due to the appearance of the Necronomicon Ex Mortis (in addition to see Freddy's glove grabbing Jason's mask) in what was meant to be the final Friday the 13th film, the universes of The Evil Dead/Army of Darkness, the Friday the 13th films and the Nightmare on Elm Street films all occupy the same universe. Jason vs. Freddy ended up crossing over as we saw due to Freddy grabbing Jason's mask. There were reports of a Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash film that was going to be done, but the project fell through (the closest you can get is fan films).

The biggest one suggested that I know of is the Tommyverse. And the Wold Newton family.

Much like the novel versions, American Psycho and The Rules of Attraction both not only take place within the same story universe, but Patrick Bateman (protagonist of American Psycho) and Sean Bateman (one of the leads in The Rules of Attraction) are brothers. Despite the film adaptation of The Rules of Attraction taking place in modern times, there was originally a scene in which Patrick shows up in the story. But it was cut from the film. However, Sean references Patrick when Paul calls him and Sean mistakens him for Patrick in the adaptation.

Some say that Strange Days and Dark Angel fall into the timeline of Avatar, due to the society, technology and science aspects presented in both that tie directly into Avatar. I personally doubt it.

I remember someone pointing out that Kurt Russell's Soldier is connected to Blade Runner (the battle Roy Batty mentions of the "War ships ablaze off Orion" - is listed as one of the fights Kurt fought in.

There's actually a wrecked Spinner in the town's village too. And it has been rumoured that a space battle sequence that only appears in the trailer (for about two seconds) was supposed to be a depiction of the Battle of Tannhauser Gate.

Talking about "Aliens"- Lance Henrikson, Bill Paxton and Jenette Goldstein went on to appear together in the vampire film "Near Dark." What just happens to be on a theater marquee as the lead character stumbles down the street...

NearDark002.jpg

Kevin

Near Dark is one of those underrated lost gems that you usually have to tell people about. Unfortunately it came out the same time as Lost Boys, which depicted Vampires as sexy and hip - where the Vamps in Near Dark were more threatening. Great catch on the marquee in the background.

The Breakfast Club

Curly Sue

Dutch

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Home Alone and its sequels, Home Alone 2 and 3

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

National Lampoon's European Vacation (partially)

Planes, Trains and Automobiles (in an interview with Premiere Magazine, John
Hughes revealed that Del Griffith, portrayed by John Candy, lived two doors down from Sixteen Candles' Samantha Baker)

Pretty In Pink

Reach The Rock

She's Having a Baby

Sixteen Candles

Uncle Buck

Weird Science

All of these take place around Shermer Illinois ala John Hughesiverse

And The T1000 was in Wayne's World...so I guess those two realities tie together also

I always thought Soldier took place in the Aliens universe but the BR connection sounds better. I always like when film makers pay tribute to their favorite movies like this.

If they make movies of the Dark Tower books they'll link to most of the Stephen King movies that have been made.

The Galactica was looking for Earth and the Searcher was looking for the lost colonies of Earth.

They should have met up somewhere in the middle.

The opening of the spaghetti western Any Gun Can Play has George Hilton gunning down The Man With No Name, Col. Mortimer, and Django.

Lost, Star Trek, Cloverfield, Super 8, and a number of others are tied together through various ways.

I was disappointed there wasn't a brief scene in Super 8 with someone reading a newspaper witha Dharma recruiting ad...

If they make movies of the Dark Tower books they'll link to most of the Stephen King movies that have been made.

Black House, The Tailsman, Hearts in Atlantis, Salem's Lot, It, The Stand, Crouch End, The Mist, The Eyes of the Dragon, Insomnia, Rose Madder, Desperation, The Regulators, Bag of Bones, From a Buick 8, Everything's Eventual, and Ur all are connected more directly.

Read the Talisman and Black House. Honestly? Those two are relatively tame for King having also read Dreamcatcher, which by the way gave me nightmares for a while.

If you pay attention, all of the seasons bar one of Power Rangers occur in the same world, the exception is R.P.M., but in my mind that one is a travesty and an abomination, and doesn't count. ALSO, if you paid attention in, it's either the fifth or sixth year (Turbo or in Space), can't remember off hand and don't want to go look it up, the Ninja Turtles make a one episode appearance. Crazy, and it counts.

'Machete' is not only the main character of his own Grindhouse film but appears in all 4 'Spy Kids' films.

Actually, From Dusk Till Dawn (and its sequels), both parts of Kill Bill and both films of Grindhouse all take place within the same movie universe. I remember reading that Tarantino said that it was a movie-within-a-movie universe, that the movies listed are probably the same ones watched by the characters of his films of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction (in which both of those movies take place within the another story universe as well). Some have even speculated that the Bride of Kill Bill is actually being played by Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction (I personally don't believe that).

Last Samurai and 300 take place in the same universe, Tom Cruise tells the samurai the story of Leonidas.

Just kidding o_O

What about ET and Star Wars?

senate_chamber-main_arena05.jpg

How about "The Men Who Stare at Goats" when George Clooney is describing the New Earth Army as "Jedi Warriors" to Ewan McGregor... who of course played Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Oh and getting back to Soldier-

There are several references besides Blade Runner. In Todd's combat history is "Nibian Moons" and "Antares Malstrom" (Star Trek II).

His awards include
the Plissken Patch (EFNY)
O'Neil Ring (Stargate)
MacReady Cross (The Thing)
Cash Medal of Bravery (Tango and Cash)
McCaffrey Fire Award (Backdraft)
Capt. Ron Trophy (Captain Ron :sick)
Dexter Riley Award (The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, The Strongest Man in the World)
UFP Purple Heart (Star Trek)

His weapons training includes the DOOM MKIV BFG, USCM Smartgun, and M41A Pulse Rifle.

At the end of the film when they are off to find a new home, their search results include-

Anoat System (ESB)
Eminiar7 (Star Trek)
Kessel Binary (Star Wars)
Planet 10 LECTR (Buckaroo Banzai)
Slartibartfast (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
Ursa Minor Beta (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Kevin

Last edited:
How about "The Men Who Stare at Goats" when George Clooney is describing the New Earth Army as "Jedi Warriors" to Ewan McGregor... who of course played Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Kevin

I always figure things like that are like in The Last Action Hero Same movie but different actor. Like Stallone playing the terminator
lastactionhero-lahp.gif

"it's his best movie!!"

In Tango and Cash , Stallone says that "Rambo is p***y" Someone else must have played that role then.

In "Another stakeout" Richard Drayfuss while bored and playing "what line" utters the words "This is no boating accident" which of course is one of his lines from Jaws...:lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back