1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run crossguard Kylo Lightsaber run - can add electronics for 3 light up blades

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by Korbanth, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Korbanth

Korbanth Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I decided to give the crossguard saber its own thread...The graflex 2.0 is pretty much now set sail, and lets focus this thread purely on the crossguard saber.

Heres the skinny - its price is going to be $275 which is required to be paid in full in order to hold your slot, I can not get the sabers started, being made by the China shop until I have 60 sabers paid at $275 each (yes, if you added that up, I need that plus money from my pocket). I will then add a sizeable amount of my own financial commitment, that will allow us to get 100+ units of this very cool and new saber created by a machine shop in China. This is that three bladed saber that will soon become very popular around Dec. 18th, and you just know you'll want one. It will be a mixture of machined and Cast metal parts.

These are accurate in size and as close to the correct version based on what data is available to us at this time, which is quite a lot. It will come apart giving access to its hollow inner body, so it can take electronics, and some sound boards. The main blade will be 7/8 inch and the two smaller are 5/8 - I will try to find sources for the two shorter smaller blades, but we wanted to keep movie accuracy as well as install-ability so people can have a working 3 bladed saber. These don't look as complicated to make, but they are a lot of parts, and there are a few good saber makers who are doing a version of this that looks fantastic, but this will be hopefully the first accurate hollow cross guard saber, and not someone's version.

My goal is to have these made and shipped out to you all by OCT-NOV-DEC timeframe, but truthfully, that is if we don't encounter any machining problems, and if people all help me by paying by the end of July. I realize this will be hard, but its not any harder than any of the other saber runs I've helped pull together. my designing partner has already given China the blueprints, measurements and its ready to start, I just need the financing to make it happen. I've helped arrange runs before since 2008 and I've come to know, I truly think this is the ONE saber that people will want after seeing the next flick...

Here are the pics to help you remember what your buying: IF you are in, my paypal is triomirett@gmail.com - payment needed - $275.00 USD

Cross Guard 1.jpg

Cross Guard B.jpg

Cross Guard 2.jpg

Cross Guard 3.jpg

Cross Guard_bladesizes.jpg

Cross Guard 5.jpg

Cross Guard 6.jpg

Cross Guard A.jpg

Star-Wars-7-Crossguard-Lightsaber-640x320.jpg

2. Korbanth

list posted further down

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  3. Korbanth

26 paid orders, and I'll soon have this up to 40 in 1 more week...jump into this run

4. Marviana Jones

Marviana Jones Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Interested in one ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

5. Korbanth

6. Korbanth

28 orders now, and 1 saber making group will be getting 10 so we'll soon be at 38 of 60 orders...so, still can make this goal by end of July

7. Korbanth

38 paid orders with a bulk order of 10 coming putting it to 48 - only 12 more needed before I can place my order and get these sabers made. Are you not in the run yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Also Free metal belt clip given to the first 60 units (orders)

8. Korbanth

Added two more lucky RPF'ers to the Kylo Ren Crossguard saber run...only 7 more needed to make the order happen...anyone else interested in owning this 3 bladed machined metal saber that is hollow so you can install electronics and make it a working lightup, with sound saber?

9. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

Thump!

10. Korbanth

They're doesn't seem to be many lightsaber lovers on this forum anymore..over on the fx-sabers forum, they are all over this saber..

11. dday

dday Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The run is close so I'm sure it's just a small matter of time.

12. Korbanth

moved down

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  13. Korbanth

so that this thread goes to the top - The Crossguard Lightsaber run is now going forward, we have enough people to make it, so those considering to get In, but was making sure its green lighted, well that is now green lighted. So again, this is a 3 bladed all machined metal KR saber (called Crossguard) - it is hollow, comes apart and you can put lightup electronics and sound boards and removable 7/8 inch blade...or If you cant do it, it can be done for you...having 100 made and so far 65 have been spoken for. if you want to get in on this run, or you have questions, please reach out to me - korbanth47@gmail.com - thanks

Vycanthus likes this.
  14. RexKramer

RexKramer Well-Known Member

If this was more screen accurate, you'd more than likely have more bites.

Only reason I'm not on this is the lack of the 'hole' on the emitter.

15. Korbanth

what hole? you talking about the battle damaged crevice?

16. RexKramer

RexKramer Well-Known Member

Yes, sir

17. Korbanth

I've been advised by my council that its better to avoid any Imperial entanglements if I don't make it 100% exact, so consider this the "As First Built" or "before it was battle damaged" - the person who is organizing this for me, will only make it without the gash on the side...I would have liked it, but it would be better to do it the way I am planning, and I don't think its too much of a deterrant, so buy it if you like it, or pass on it if you don't, but I for one, think its the boss.

plus it would have added about $75 in price for this feature, so to keep costs down.

18. boba_wolf

boba_wolf New Member

Is there still room to jump in on this run? thanks

19. Korbanth

yes, still room, run is at 65 paid units and run will produce 100 units

20. boba_wolf

boba_wolf New Member

Thanks PP sent

21. Korbanth

67 of 100 Kylo Ren crossguard sabers now reserved for saber buyers. -

22. Vycanthus

Vycanthus Member

Is it still premature to start talking about the hardware that will fit or an optimal "hardware set" this saber will house??

23. Korbanth

the inner tube is .725 inches, the main blade will take a 7/8 inch tube, and the two smaller side blades are 5/8 - Once I get a prototype in, I'll have someone do an install of electronics, and a nano biscotte sound board...it has worked perfectly with 5-6 other saber runs I've done with same inner sized core...so more information when we get our hands on the prototypes

Vycanthus likes this.
  24. DestructoLad

DestructoLad New Member

Paypal sent for 2. Whoa, are you OK with that? Did I make it on the run?

25. Korbanth

yep...you did...I just updated the list in the next post

- - - Updated - - -

July 6, 2015 start of run - OCTOBER ETA

Updated Aug 10, 2015

Waiting on some forum members to pay for their order as they have promised to do, don't let us down - I wont be able to do this run again for at least another year...as I have other units planned in 2016

ORDERS PAID - 73 paid units - Run of 100 units now officially started, there is NO turning back.
    26 units left until you wont be able to get in on this run.

NeptuneTQ x1 - PAID
    Cavjo x1 x1 - PAID
    TomLeech x2 - PAID
    AncientJedi x1 - PAID
    Korrick Rendar x1 - PAID
    Dday x1 - PAID - RPF
    Smiley434 - x1 - PAID
    Rudolpht x1 - PAID
    Mace Windu x1 - PAID
    Aginor x1 - PAID
    Treeman - x1 PAID - RPF
    SARGE (RPF) - x1 - PAID
    Scorpion x1 - PAID
    BCottingham x1 - PAID
    Thoren x4 - PAID
    Shinki-Ro x1 - PAID
    Bstacy x1 - PAID
    JKsabers x3 - PAID
    Pfockerchief x1 - PAID
    Sen Tabesi x2 - PAID
    McFarland x1 - PAID
    Kylocraig x1 - PAID
    Anonymous buyer x5 - PAID
    Zelazny x1 - PAID
    Krazach x1 - PAID
    uncle x1 - PAID
    Anonymous x10 - PAID
    Austin Higgins x1 - PAID
    Logan Cade x1 - PAID
    Darth Maul x1 - PAID
    Mersenne x1 - PAID
    Clutch x1 - PAID (RPF)
    Vycanthus x1 - PAID (RPF)
    Blackie x1 - PAID
    Lord Xeno x1 - PAID
    Anonymous buyer x10 - PAID
    Mikeyx - x1 - PAID
    Boba Wolf - x1 - PAID - (RPF)
    Rydiddy x1 - PAID
    GusManB x1 - PAID
    JCraig x1 - PAID
    Destructolad - x2 PAID - (RPF)
    Spaznik x1 - PAID
    Lemire x1 - PAID

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  26. Korbanth

New Prototype pictures sent to me on the Crossguard saber (Kylo Ren) 3 bladed units - these are RAW, unfinished, just out of the oven type images, so this is not what the final product will look like, these are early images...but it gives you an idea what to expect and we see that these will get made...excited

IMG_1221-2.png

IMG_1223-2.png

IMG_1222-2.png

Vycanthus likes this.
  27. Saberbay

Saberbay Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I Rather have mine like this then polished!

WOW!!!

28. Korbanth

yeah, that might be a good idea...

29. dday

Most likely the saber will need to be painted to replicate the dark steel look of the prop, so a polished version will just end up getting dirtied anyways.

30. Korbanth

yes, your still going to have fans who will be divided in how they will want this unit

some will want it very rustic looking and old, some will want it shinier and new like a chromed pipe...

for those who will want it rustic, I have a method of weathering I can share to teach you - or can do it for anyone for a small, reasonable fee...but I use this technique in weathering the Darth Maul saber, to give it a look of being older and weathered...but I wont be able to get away from those who want this with a nice chrome look...so I think they will arrive to me more like a semi polished unit

Vycanthus likes this.
  31. Vycanthus

Vycanthus Member

I'm VERY interested in your technique Korbanth! Teach us oh wise one! :rolleyes

MacBeath likes this.
  32. Korbanth

I will do so when these come in and I try out the same technique myself.

Vycanthus likes this.
  33. Vycanthus

Vycanthus Member

I come here every few days just to look at the pics! :D

34. Korbanth

well, heres a new pic...this is pretty much how they will come to me - polished. I will be able to offer 2 optional services... one is super polished so it will closely look like it was chrome dipped or aged to a rustic look...either is an optional $20 -

I am quite happy with how they are looking - hollow enough 7/8 inch all the way through, and comes apart in multiple pieces, with a vented for sound pommel that unscrews.

kylo_prototype.jpeg

Vycanthus likes this.
  35. Verbal21

Verbal21 Active Member

I'd be down for this, but if I get the electronics, where could I get the "bulbs/blade"?

36. Vult Tavik

Vult Tavik Active Member

Gorgeous. If you don't hit 100 by payday I am in on this run!

37. Korbanth

I extended the run to 125 units. so contact me when ready -

for the blades, there will be a source for the 7/8 inch main blade and the two smaller 5/8 inch side blades...so when the time comes, that contact will be revealed so blades can be gotten for these... there will be 4-5 people who will be qualified to install electronics for those who want their services...that list will be provided 2-3 weeks before I get the units in October.

38. dday

I'm in for the 20 additional for the weathered look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39. SETFREE

SETFREE Active Member

Am I too late to get in on this?

40. Korbanth

no, you are not too late, there are still about 30 units left unsold in the run, I will send you a PM

41. chrijack

chrijack Member

Sign me up for this one. Looks great!

42. Korbanth

I still have around 30 units out of the 125 coming in October...so 90 units have been presold...so those who ask can I get one, the answer is yes...

paypal $275.00 us dollar to triomirett@gmail.com and your in - you can also send an email question to same paypal/email if you want to ask any questions.

thanks

43. chrijack

chrijack Member

Payment sent! Really looking forward to this run.

44. Korbanth

Your payment has been recvd - 89 of 125 units sold, leaving 36 unsold sabers...I am sure that number will change once I get the prototype in hand in 2 weeks...to share images of

but if you want to jump into the run, just email me at korbanth47@gmail.com or PM me

Vycanthus likes this.
  45. Korbanth

for those who might still want to own a Crossguard saber - here are photos of the first "in-hand" prototype - still over 30 left out of the 125 units coming in October.

on a scale of 1 to 10 - these will come about 7-8 polished. I will make available optionally, if anyone wants it super polished to a near chrome 10, its $20 - if anyone wants it weathered and aged back down to a dirty 1, its $20.00 - these are optional, and not required to do either one...just a service I can provide - these are hollow - 7/8 inch all the way through and takes 7/8 blade..bottom pommel unscrews for easy electronics installation. Set screws will hold in 3 blades for dualing capabilities.

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Vycanthus likes this.
  46. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Any way to just get one of the metal belt clips?

47. SIERRA117

SIERRA117 New Member

I am also interested in a belt clip! Is there anyway members in the run can still get one?

Vycanthus likes this.
  48. Korbanth

yes, the metal belt clips will be available, more info to follow

49. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is it just me or does the hilt look a little small in the hand?

50. ARKM

ARKM Sr Member

I noticed that all the different toy versions of this saber have a hollow cut-out under each fin that you can see all the way through. That and some things I noticed by going frame by frame using the first teaser trailer lead me to believe that the hero prop is that way as well (the prop shown at Anaheim is widely considered to not be the hero prop and NOT 3D printed like it states on the plague and is instead most likely rubber or resin, cast from the actual hero prop). That said, have you considered changing the design to reflect this new information? Just curious.