Interest CRONOS - "Vampire Device"!!! (24k Gold-Plated Metal)

Maybe there is a possibility with magnets to keep the legs in place when retracted? Too pad pewter itself is not magnetic, otherwise you coud have included some magnets in the body to keep the legs against the body when retracted... Just brainstorming here ;-).

Maybe there is a possibility with magnets to keep the legs in place when retracted? Too pad pewter itself is not magnetic, otherwise you coud have included some magnets in the body to keep the legs against the body when retracted... Just brainstorming here ;-).

Yeah, I thought about a couple of places to put them, but on this particular piece, there's no good way to hide even the really tiny magnets. Especially, since the whole piece will be gold-plated. Even painting it with really good gold paint, it stands out from the rest of the piece.
Plus, the leg parts are really small, and when retracted overlap each other inside the piece. So, there's no good place inside the hollow area, or even the outside to place the magnets without compromising the details and beauty of the designs.

Taking into account that it is made out of pewter, are the legs sturdy enough? I mean, as they are so thin and delicate, could they bend or break at some point? And about the gold-plating, would it be durable? I guess that is a prop to handle carefully and have more for display proposes than for manipulation ones. Whatever it be case, still awesome and totally eager to have it in my hands!

Taking into account that it is made out of pewter, are the legs sturdy enough? I mean, as they are so thin and delicate, could they bend or break at some point? And about the gold-plating, would it be durable? I guess that is a prop to handle carefully and have more for display proposes than for manipulation ones. Whatever it be case, still awesome and totally eager to have it in my hands!

The pewter will bend if you intentionally try to bend it. It is very sturdy as it is, and given even more strength after it is gold-plated.
So, I wouldn't worry about it breaking or bending, unless you try to bend it or accidentally drop it.

I will also offer replacement parts if anyone ever has a part break, and can even fix it for you! (y)
I stand by my work, and don't want anyone to think that they're out of luck if a part breaks.
You'll get what you pay for in quality and customer service!

Just to let you guys know, the two drawings will also be included with the Cronos Device!

Please consider a plated resin version someday, I'd love to have one of these but it wont ever be in my range. Gorgeous work.

The pewter will bend if you intentionally try to bend it. It is very sturdy as it is, and given even more strength after it is gold-plated.
So, I wouldn't worry about it breaking or bending, unless you try to bend it or accidentally drop it.

I will also offer replacement parts if anyone ever has a part break, and can even fix it for you! (y)
I stand by my work, and don't want anyone to think that they're out of luck if a part breaks.
You'll get what you pay for in quality and customer service!

Just to let you guys know, the two drawings will also be included with the Cronos Device!

Sounds great! Thanks for taking it so seriously! And the fact that you are including the two drawings is simply too much! Thanks so much for including them! I can’t wait to add it to my collection!

I never expected anything else from RelicMaker. I own quite some props made by RelicMaker and all are of superb quality. So I have no doubt that this one will be great too.

The drawings are a very nice addition!

Who needs a house when you have props? Oh, yeah,... you need a house to put your props in, off course ;). Take your time. We know that quality can't be rushed...

UPDATE:

The magnets work well, and keep the legs in place when you hold the bug in the air. Before, the legs would just hang and not stay in place when you picked it up, which kind of sucked... So, definitely an improvement!

I'm also about 95% finished with the new drawings. Just need to make sure the prints look good after printing and what kind of aging I need to apply to make them look really good!

I also received all the parts back from the gold-platers and will be aging the parts this week, and hopefully start assembling them by the end of the week, if not, definitely next week. So, you guys have your payments ready, because I should be able to start shipping these out within the next couple of weeks! :cool:(y)

UPDATE:

I spent the last week reworking the magnets and not having any exposed magnets on the outside of the device.
I first had tiny 1x2mm Rare Earth Magnets glued to the underside of the 'Claws' and 6 3x7mm Rare Earth Magnets glued just on the inside where the legs retract inward. This worked good, but the claws seemed to move a little and not have a strong enough hold.

So, I finally came up with a great solution by putting steel rods in the 'claw' part hinge, and one large powerful Rare Earth Magnet inside.
IT WORKED!!! It looks great and the claws stay still when retracted!!!

Also, brass rods are added to the other hinged part of the legs. So, not to interfere when the legs are pulled out.

I'll show a photo of it, after I have it assembled and cleaned up. It even looks pretty on the inside! :love:

Final assembly starts this week, and will send out Payment Due PM's later this week. :cool: (y)

Sweet!

Also, check this out... I just ran across this pic last night - I'm guessing it's from that traveling del Toro exhibit. Looks like he has the original mold too! :eek:

90529097.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back