Crestline California move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNeill

Sr Member
Rent and bills is so excessive in LA it's starting to be a burden. I need to move. I pay almost 2 grand a month for a little house and 700-800 water and power. That doesn't include all the other stuff.

I have been looking at Crestline California about 2 hours from LA as a possible move. In the high mountains and right next to a beautiful lake for my RC boats.

I can get a much better home up there for about 600-800 a month.

I was wondering if anyone from this community of model nuts and prop bangers lived up there and could fill me in a bit more on the pluses and minuses of living there.

Thanks guys,

Steve

I don't know anything about California, but that sounds like a great area to live. As long as there are hobby shops nearby, that would be the first thing I look for.

Oh sure, I order stuff too when I have to. I just like to browse the local HS, it's an experience I'd miss.

600-800 a month!!???? man! thats mid-low rent around here, maybe i should move to better weather :) holy cow

$800/month for water and power...?!?! You guys on the west coast are being eaten alive.:unsure

I live in the LA area and I can relate to your situation regarding expenses. I have a friend in Crestline by the name of Lawrence Noble that you would probably like to meet. He sculpted the lifesize bronze Yoda at the Lucasfilm Presidio Headquarters, among other great lifesize sculptures. He's a big fan of star wars and sculpture/crafts. He would be your neighbor there, so that's one advantage.

Who wouldn't want to live here?
87d964d5.jpg

That's Crestline? Wow! Forget the hobby shop, the web has it all anyway :lol
That place looks awesome, can't believe it's so affordable.

I live in the LA area and I can relate to your situation regarding expenses. I have a friend in Crestline by the name of Lawrence Noble that you would probably like to meet. He sculpted the lifesize bronze Yoda at the Lucasfilm Presidio Headquarters, among other great lifesize sculptures. He's a big fan of star wars and sculpture/crafts. He would be your neighbor there, so that's one advantage.

thanks good to know thanks for that.

And yes who wouldn't. however it takes money to move and all kinds of planning. the wife and I will visit the place in a couple of weeks. We do have family friends that live there too.

Keep it coming guys.

Steve

Looks like it's near the Valley of Enchantment.
Sounds like just the place for you and the wife Steve!
Oh...and mustn't forget...Rosie too!

ar12490124194248.jpg

Last edited:
Just as a barometer-- I live in Oklahoma and a 2000'-2200' sq. foot house rents for $1100-$1500 depending on the area of town you live in, how new, how nice, etc Bills for a house that size could run $200-$300 a month.

I don't know how big your current house is, but the scenery certainly doesn't look like those photo's around here. Good luck and keep us all posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back